Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
This & That from Here & There
Engine 5, Winchester, TN

1990 Pierce Arrow

1500/500

#E-6036

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This area was kind of on my radar this year, but it didn't happen.  I know Winchester or Manchester (or one those) had a funky foam-pumper that was handed over to them by a local industry? 

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Quote:This area was kind of on my radar this year, but it didn't happen.  I know Winchester or Manchester (or one those) had a funky foam-pumper that was handed over to them by a local industry? 

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Interesting!  We didn't see/hear/know about it.  We saw every rig in both stations of both departments.  The only rig we didn't shoot was Winchester's Mack C.  I already have it and the batteries were dead.
Squad 1, Winchester, TN

2012 Freightliner MT-55/Utilimaster

Rescue 1, Winchester, TN

2006 Ford F-550/1995 Becker

100/300 4x4

Engine 4, Sewanee, TN

1997 E\-One Cyclone II

1500/1000/10AF

Engine 3, Sewanee, TN

1987 E\-One Cyclone

1500/1000

Tower 1, Sewanee, TN

2003 Spartan/Metz

0/0/105'

Quote:Tower 1, Sewanee, TN

2003 Spartan/Metz

0/0/105'
Its sharpe looking but I cant get into the style, They tried euro style ladders in the past and they were around for awhile  but then they went away. I can see this happening again

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="KENTucky" data-cid="547563" data-time="1432252029">

This area was kind of on my radar this year, but it didn't happen.  I know Winchester or Manchester (or one those) had a funky foam-pumper that was handed over to them by a local industry? 

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY

Interesting!  We didn't see/hear/know about it.  We saw every rig in both stations of both departments.  The only rig we didn't shoot was Winchester's Mack C.  I already have it and the batteries were dead.

</blockquote>

Manchester, TN had a Mack foam pumper. It was on govdeals within the past few months. I believe it was original to Port Everglades, FL. We never made it there to shoot it either.

Quote: 

Manchester, TN had a Mack foam pumper. It was on govdeals within the past few months. I believe it was original to Port Everglades, FL. We never made it there to shoot it either.
Perhaps this one?

Quote:Its sharpe looking but I cant get into the style, They tried euro style ladders in the past and they were around for awhile  but then they went away. I can see this happening again
For the most part, I agree with you.  Sewanee is the home of "The University of The South", an old college campus.  This is the department's first aerial and was purchased to effect rescues in multi-story dorms.  It is able to position in tight spaces and setup time is rapid, so it works for them.

Quote:Its sharpe looking but I cant get into the style, They tried euro style ladders in the past and they were around for awhile  but then they went away. I can see this happening again

Rosenbauer/Metz will tell you that the Metz aerial is designed for a niche market, and they know they'll never overtake the US aerial market with it.  We'd welcome one in my VFD if we could ever afford it - we've demo'ed them twice.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Service 1, Sewanee, TN

1994 Chevy/St. Ives

Rescue 3, Sewanee, TN

2006 Ford F-550/Reading

4x4

Our initial plan for Wednesday was to photograph the remaining rigs at Big Canoe, but the rainy weather prevented that.  We headed southwest towards brighter skies.  We made stops in Ellijay, Gilmer County and Calhoun, where Jon shot several rigs that I already had, then hit some Gordon County Stations.  The weather never really got better, just less bad!

Engine 1, Gordon County, GA

2004 Spartan/Smeal

1250/1500

Tanker 1, Gordon County, GA

2008 Kenworth T-300/Southern Fire

1250/3000

Service 1, Gordon County, GA

1996 Chevy C-7500/Reading

x-Atlanta Gas Light service truck

Dave,

That is the Mack Foam rig that Manchester had. I watched it on govdeals when it was auctioned off.
I have an old book from early 90's that has that mack in it....back when it was 2 shades of lime green