Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Fire in Portland 6-5-15
Around 18:50 a box was transmitted for a house fire at 1944 SE 112th Ave. Enroute,

Dispatch reported another caller said there was a lot of fire on the side of the house.

It was determined the fire started in an outdoor grill and extended to the porch,

the siding and the attic.

[Image: p1232151531-4.jpg]

[Image: p1232151555-4.jpg]

Truck 7 on the roof.
[Image: p1239542181-4.jpg]

[Image: p1239542275-4.jpg]

Investigating the grill.
[Image: p1239542497-4.jpg]

[Image: p1240122171-4.jpg]

[Image: p1239542780-4.jpg]

Great pictures.

Dave
Good photos, Dick!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice shots. Why can't people just pull the grill away from the residence a little so this doesn't happen so often? Completely avoidable fire.

Either way, Great work on the photos.

Thanks for sharing. 

Quote:Nice shots. Why can't people just pull the grill away from the residence a little so this doesn't happen so often? Completely avoidable fire.

Either way, Great work on the photos.

Thanks for sharing. 
Here in Las Vegas and through out Clark County it is a law that in order to use a grill in and around a building it must be at least 10 feet away, Plain and simple. When you sign a lease on  a house or an apartment you are given that as part of the process. I work in Property Management and there are people that will fire up either a propane grill or charcole grill on their patio or balcony. I have seen several fires over the years where people have caught their patio and apartment on fire because they are either too lazy or don't care. So I am sorry to say that fires like this do not suprise me. I gave up a great smoker grill because there was no place to use it that was at least 10 feet away from a builing without it being in the middle of the playground.

Dave
Nice pics!!