Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Bronx, 89-Engine's new Seagrave.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Nice photo's of the KME's. Nice Looking trucks.

Thanks for sharing.
Yea. Was hoping KME would have won our pumper bid, they came up to see us with interest in building. Don't know what happened....I've heard good things about NYs thus far.

Try to post a few more today.
Bronx, 37-Truck's Ferrara.

Bronx, 29-Truck's Ferrara.

Bronx, 97-Engine's new KME.

New SOC Scuba/Swiftwater Unit.

New SOC Scuba Unit.

Bronx, 82-Engine's new KME.

Bronx, 3rd Battalion.

Nice pics!
The Bronx, 75-Engines new KME.

The Bronx, 83-Engines new KME.

Would someone clarify for me:  Are there two large inlets on the front bumper?  If so, why two?  Thanks.

Quote:Would someone clarify for me:  Are there two large inlets on the front bumper?  If so, why two?  Thanks.

All the pumpers last few years are 2000gpm. The one under officer is an intake, the other is a discharge.
Quote:Would someone clarify for me:  Are there two large inlets on the front bumper?  If so, why two?  Thanks.

One is an intake, one is a discharge.  Looks like it has a gated wye on it, so I would say 2-1/2"
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Quote:The Bronx, 83-Engines new KME.
R1SmokeEater - How are the guys liking the KME's so far? I gotta admit, I never thought I'd see KME's in the FDNY. Nothing against KME's at all. Hope they stand up solid. 

Thanks, Colin
Colin. You'd need to ask CBX on this one as 46E received one.

I've heard good things, and again, I wish our 2 new pumpers were KMEs. Never thought I'd say that.
Quote:Colin. You'd need to ask CBX on this one as 46E received one.

I've heard good things, and again, I wish our 2 new pumpers were KMEs. Never thought I'd say that.
I never thought I'D hear anyone say that, boss! Best of luck to FDNY and KME. The rigs look great, solid. As with all rigs time will tell. Best regards, gents. 

Colin G.
The gated intake and front discharge are 4 1/2, the gated wye is a separate discharge piped from pumps used for rubbish, car fires and any other short stretch fire. So far most KMES are holding pretty well, many now in service with busy Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens engine companies. Only 9 will be assigned to Manhattan engine companies same number also for Staten Island. 19 in Bronx 25 Brooklyn and 23 in Queens when all are delivered.
Engine 314

2015 KME

[Image: 11qs103.jpg]