Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
I almost forgot to post their new anniversary logo.

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The diamond plate boxes were standard on the Arrow XT with side mounted AC units.

Quote:In your opinion did this have to be built custom for them?

Hard to say, to be honest. I could see Pierce still having some laying around from when they redesigned the XT and eliminated them as the standard, but they may have also made them 1 at a time when a truck came down the line. I could also see them being special requested, and as we all know, in this day and age, it seems that nothing is impossible, and anything you ask for, you can have if you pay, so they made have specifically made them for this purchase. I'm personally a fan of the diamond plate boxes, it's different, so that's why I noticed them so quick.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
When my old department ordered their 105' Arrow XT in October we were told it was no longer an option. With that said, I remember seeing them on another truck that went to Canada since then.
After all of the input, and based on the fact that the diamond plate AC boxes appear to have been customized to follow the raised roof line, in addition to the LED scene lighting installation, it seems they ordered it this way and paid the extra cost.  If I find out differently I'll post an update.

Douglas County Fire Dist # 2 - East Wenatchee, WA

Engine 221
2000 E\-One Cyclone 4x4 
1500/1000/20fm/CAFS

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
Northshore Fire Dept - Kenmore, WA

Engine 51

2010 Pierce Arrow XT
1500/500/40A

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
The crew of SFD E33 leaving Fisherman's Terminal in reserve engine 84 after conducting small boat handling training today.  E84 is a short wheel base 2000 E\-One Cyclone H224 formally assigned to E39.

Bob Lukas Photo

REHAB1, cross-staffed with E27, training at station 14 last week.

Bob Lukas Photo

Eastside Fire and Rescue's spare 1995 E\-One HUSH 95ft tower 1500X200 has returned from repairs following a collision last winter, now assigned to station 72.

Bob Lukas Photo

Engine 13, SFD's newly assigned Pierce Arrow XT preparing to deploy a manifold line during a drill.

Bob Lukas Photo

SFD E20

Bob Lukas Photo

I am not an E\-One Basher I happen to like some of their trucks, but those Pierce Arrow's look much nicer than their E\-One pumpers

Quote:Sounds great to me! Got anything from Astoria, OR? My oldest boy is assigned to a Coast guard cutter out there.

Get him to send you some photos.
Quote:I am not an E-One Basher I happen to like some of their trucks, but those Pierce Arrow's look much nicer than their E-one pumpers
I agree with 100%.  Next we'll see how they hold up over the poorly maintained roads, the ALF's didn't fare very well.

Battalion 5's new ride, in service the end of last week.  2015 Chevy Suburban at station 13.

Bob Lukas Photo

Bellevue FD's new tiller at station 3 today.  It should go into service around Aug 1st.

Bob Lukas Photo

Quote:I agree with 100%.  Next we'll see how they hold up over the poorly maintained roads, the ALF's didn't fare very well.
If it means anything we have Pierce Sabers and were in West Virginia our roads are like driving on the surface of the moon (and thats after patching) and our newest vehicle is 12 years old and they are still holding up well. We don't run the volume of calls that Seattle does but for a volunteer fire department we are pretty active, so I suspect they will hold up well.

SFD reserve engines as they were in July 4th staging, ready for deployment.

Bob Lukas Photo

South Island units in front of the new Mercer Island FD's Station 92.

Bob Lukas Photo