Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-25-2015 Cosmopolitan Hotel Fire, Las Vegas, NV
Quote:You're not kidding about "literally next door." I looked that station up on a map and it's about 40' away from the west end of the Cosmo.

Believe it or not the MGM Grand Corporation paid for that Station.
Dave
Here is a story what some of those at the hotel saw.

http://ktnv.video.jrn.com/Witnesses-resp...stId=15096

Dave
Here are some pictures from the Clark County Fire Department Facebook site. I give credit for these pictures to the Clark County Fire Department.

[Image: 11011961_854530811289374_655766658573763...e=5616F462]

[Image: 11745798_854530784622710_583976578773716...e=56582CB3]

[Image: 11053869_854530767956045_201297976084324...e=56529238]

[Image: 11800412_854530757956046_415615484739738...e=5652056F]

[Image: 11227868_854530741289381_433647991756284...e=5653CF2D]

Dave
Quote: 

Thank you I don't get to many fires but when I do I try to get the best I can.

Yes, but all we saw was a barely visable wisp of smoke and 20 or so photos of vehicles.

It would have worked better in the apparatus forum.
Quote: 

Yes, but all we saw was a barely visable wisp of smoke and 20 or so photos of vehicles.

It would have worked better in the apparatus forum.
Sorry that I did not make it in time to see a lot of smoke and fire. This was still a working structure fire and they were removing people and trying to get into the 14th floor rooms safely. Water was still flowing from the Sprinklers at the time. I do not get a chance to make many fires due to my work schedule. To get to this fire it took me 30 minutes of driving and 15 of that was getting around all of the stopped traffic going to the Strip. Once I got close, which was a mile away, I walked in and had to go through two different Police check points and three different Security Check points. I did the best that I could.

Most of the fires that we have here in Las Vegas are out and it is more just apparatus shots before I can get there. I have headed to numerous fires only to have them call knock down while I am still trying to get there. The last fire that I caught that showed anything was April of 2014. Even the food on a stove that I caught at the Apartment Complex I worked at was more Apparatus Shots than it was fire. And I was there right after Engine 94 pulled up and pulled the attack line. I was busy making sure that people were out of the building.

Dave
Quote: 

Most of the fires that we have here in Las Vegas are out and it is more just apparatus shots before I can get there.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I get paged at the same time as the Dispatch goes out and if I don't get there a minute or two after they do, it's knocked down. They're just too aggressive. Smile
Quote:All of the rigs lined up on Harmon. One of the biggest concerns of the Command officer was Utilities to the Pool Deck and the 14 th floor. Also at one point and time it was wanted to know if the ATF was needed for the fire. I has been reported that it was either a cig that was thrown from a balcony or on that was carelessly discarded on the pool deck The fire could have been a lot worse there were only two injuries one went to the hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. There were several other calls around the area at the time of the fire for people complaining of trouble breathing.

We were very lucky this day it could have been worse. Thank you for viewing the pictures and I am glad in this case I did not get any pictures of the brothers in action.

Not all of our fires in hotels have been so lucky. The Las Vegas Sun printed a list of major hotel fires here and here is the link. As I get more and more information on the fire I will list it.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jul/25/...ugh-years/

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s752.photobucket.com/user/el_diablo_loco/media/7-25-2015%20cosmopolitan%20fire%20las%20vegas/Cosmopolitan_fire_028.jpg.html">[Image: Cosmopolitan_fire_028.jpg]</a>
Station 32 is so close.....that's it under the monorail at the top of the picture essentially top center of the picture.
Great shots.  Thanks for sharing what you were able to get.

please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
Great shots!!

Quote:Station 32 is so close.....that's it under the monorail at the top of the picture essentially top center of the picture.

There are a few pictures of the Station on the boards I will try and get out Friday or Saturday and get a picture of the station.
Dave
Quote:Great shots!!

Thank you.
Dave
Quote:Great shots.  Thanks for sharing what you were able to get.

Thank you. I hope now that I live closer to the action I will be able to get more.
Dave
Quote: 

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I get paged at the same time as the Dispatch goes out and if I don't get there a minute or two after they do, it's knocked down. They're just too aggressive. Smile

Sorry I did not mean to sound grouchy. I have headed to about thirty fires over the past three or fours years only to hear them calling knockdown and then shortly start releasing companies.
Dave
Here is a picture that was taken on the Pool Deck when the fire started. I found this on Fox5 news. Credit goes to the original photographer.

[Image: e1eed1a4-e833-4ab8-bc51-131e8b2265af.jpg]

Dave
Hey all wanted to add a couple of things. First off the Clark County Fire Department Investigations unit could not find a cause for this fire. The second thing is I am in the process of switching over my pictures from one Photo hosting (getting ride of Photobucket) to another if any of the pictures are missing please let me know and I will repost them.

Dave