Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba  2000 Pierce Dash (ex- Bedford park, IL).

Rehabbed by Carriere Fire & Safety and Acres in 2015   1750/250/100'   s/n #11749

Attached Files Image(s)

Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services

Pumper 101

Spartan/Dependable

Wrapped in pink.

Cell phone shot of opportunity

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.

Sponsors of the pink truck tour.

Bob

New style of door crest and uniform shoulder patch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bob

Air Light 101

Freightliner/Dependable

Bob

District Chief's buggy

C107

Ford Expedition

Bob

Minnedosa, Manitoba  2015 Acres/Int'l 7400     1050/1000/25

Attached Files Image(s)

Brandon, Manitoba  FQ1  2001 Superior/E-1 Cyclone II  1050/400/10A/25B/75'  s/n #122831  #SE2431    Repainted in 2012 by Fort Garry Fire Trucks.

Attached Files Image(s)

an older unit with a spare tire mounted on the front (not something I have seen often, if at all) due to the abundance of gravel roads in their service area.  Pelican Rapids, Manitoba  1990 Fort Garry Industries/Ford F800  625/1000  

Attached Files Image(s)

the largest pumper I have photographed in 40 plus years:  Ontario Power Generation for the fire protection at 1 of its nuclear facilities.

2015 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Gladiator  2640/400/50  s/n #M605  Hale RME - 3 rear mounted pump tested to 12,000 litres per minute.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very cool truck...almost an exact copy of the Bruce Power trucks that ERV did a couple years ago. I honestly think the Richmond Hill pumpers are larger...they are just massive (and now black/red as well!).
Athabasca, Alberta  E-2  2015 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star  1050/500/25  s/n #M621  (rear mounted pump)

Attached Files Image(s)

The Town of Carleton Place, Ontario is an hour west of Ottawa, and is home to the Ocean Wave Fire Company and Eastway Emergency Vehicles.  The Ocean Wave Fire Company runs out of a single station and has a full time Chief, Deputy Chief and 2 Fire Prevention/Fire Fighters, along with a complement of volunteer firefighters.  They just placed this new rescue in service in August, and this is the first to be painted with the black over red paint scheme.  The 2010 Spartan Gladiator 3 door chassis was originally a tri-axle, one of several that were produced, but never utilized.  OWFC purchased the truck at a greatly reduced rate, had 2 of the axles removed and Eastway constructed the rescue/command body in 2015. Eastway is constructing a new pumper that should be delivered within the next 8 weeks.  Plans are to paint their Seagrave ladder black over red in 2016.

Rescue 240 is a 2010 Spartan Gladiator/2015 Eastway heavy rescue/command.

The Samson Cree Nation will soon be receiving this new pumper for its fire department at Maskwacis, Alberta.  2015 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106  4x4  1050/1000 s/n #M637

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:The Town of Carleton Place, Ontario is an hour west of Ottawa, and is home to the Ocean Wave Fire Company and Eastway Emergency Vehicles.  The Ocean Wave Fire Company runs out of a single station and has a full time Chief, Deputy Chief and 2 Fire Prevention/Fire Fighters, along with a complement of volunteer firefighters.  They just placed this new rescue in service in August, and this is the first to be painted with the black over red paint scheme.  The 2010 Spartan Gladiator 3 door chassis was originally a tri-axle, one of several that were produced, but never utilized.  OWFC purchased the truck at a greatly reduced rate, had 2 of the axles removed and Eastway constructed the rescue/command body in 2015. Eastway is constructing a new pumper that should be delivered within the next 8 weeks.  Plans are to paint their Seagrave ladder black over red in 2016.

Rescue 240 is a 2010 Spartan Gladiator/2015 Eastway heavy rescue/command.
Ken are they replacing the Volvo engine or has that already been replaced?

Quote:Ken are they replacing the Volvo engine or has that already been replaced?
They are replacing the older Volvo engine, the one with the canopy cab.  The other one with the cab conversion will become the second out pumper.
Thanks I didn't know they had 2! I was thinking of the one with the 4-door cab. Do you have any photos of either of them you could please post?

Quote:Thanks I didn't know they had 2! I was thinking of the one with the 4-door cab. Do you have any photos of either of them you could please post?

I might be able to find mine. Took some photos inside the station a year or two ago
As requested, Ocean Wave Fire Company Unit 57, 1989 Volvo/Almonte 840/800.  Being replaced by the new pumper under construction.

Soon to be the backup pumper is Unit 75, a 1996 Volvo/Almonte 1050/800, a very unique rig in this area!