Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iowa Rigs
The second mini pumper is a 1985 Chevy Custom Deluxe, with a home-built body.  It has a 210 gallon tank and a 300 gpm pump.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wyoming R-1.

Wyoming's tanker is a 2002 GMC 7500, LP-powered.  Waterloo Service Company and Simon did the tank, which is a 2300 gallon tank and also has a 300 gpm pump.

Wyoming's second pumper is a 1993 Ford F700, body by Smeal.  It has a 1500 gallon tank and a 1250 gpm pump.

Tanker 2.

The third pumper is a 1999 International 4900, body by KME.  It has a 1000 gallon tank and a 1250 gpm pump.

Last shot at Wyoming, of pumper 3.

Quote:Sorry to say this rig wasn't able to get out of the station.  This is Wyoming's 1978 Ford F800, body by Darley in Chippewa Falls, WI.  It has a 1000 gallon tank and a 750 gpm pump.  Two members tried for a while to get it started without success    
Better to find out now than when a call comes in
Quote:Wyoming's second pumper is a 1993 Ford F700, body by Smeal.  It has a 1500 gallon tank and a 1250 gpm pump.

I never like being "that" guy, but this is an Alexis body.  The definite giveaway is the way they build and "frame" the compartment doors, plus there's an Alexis badge on the side of the rig above the discharges.  We had two 1991's and still have a 1997 that has the exact same look doors.
FiremanYou're absolutely correct.  I was following my notes instead of looking at the photo.  Corrections are always welcome!

Next stop is at Oxford Junction.  This town of about 500 is in central Jones County and has 10 pieces of apparatus. 

Ground shot of the fleet.

CJ 901 is a 1993 F700, body by Simon.  On board is a 900-gallon tank with a 750 gpm pump.

There are two OJ 902's.  Old 902 is a 1969 Chevy 427, with a 1000 gallon tank and a 750 gpm pump.  This rig will probably be sold later this year.

New 902 is a 1994 Freightliner, body by Midwest Fire Equipment, Luverne, MN.  It has a 1000 gallon tank and a 1000 gpm pump.

OJ's antique is their second engine for the town, a 1939 Chevy.  I'm not that familiar with who did what, but American Fire Apparatus from Marshalltown, IA and Central from St. Louis both had something to do with the build.  It has a 500 gallon tank and a Waterous pump.

Antique.

Some various details of the antique.

Antique.

Antique.