Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Quote: 

You have my attention, I am intrigued, do you know any more about this?
Nothing further as yet...... http://www.fireservicerepair.com/

Will keep you posted.

For those who may be interested Pierce Job #'s have been updated/corrected for the following posts on this thread................1584, 1608 and 1624.

In other news last week E6 was involved in a T-bone accident with a civilian motor vehicle in the Central District.  There were no reported injuries to members.
The view is looking north beyond Lake Washington toward Canada and Mt Baker, tallest peak in the North Cascades at 10,781 feet. 

But of course the view would be nothing without Rainier Valley's Finest, L12 and E28....Devil Wagon.

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:The view is looking north beyond Lake Washington toward Canada and Mt Baker, tallest peak in the North Cascades at 10,781 feet. 

But of course the view would be nothing without Rainier Valley's Finest, L12 and E28....Devil Wagon.

Bob Lukas Photo
Great shot!
Quote:Nothing further as yet...... http://www.fireservicerepair.com/

Will keep you posted.

For those who may be interested Pierce Job #'s have been updated/corrected for the following posts on this thread................1584, 1608 and 1624.

In other news last week E6 was involved in a T-bone accident with a civilian motor vehicle in the Central District.  There were no reported injuries to members.
I would bet money they were there to do an annual pump test, hence the equipment in the trailer, the porta tank outside the trailer and the water everywhere...
Quote:I would bet money they were there to do an annual pump test, hence the equipment in the trailer, the porta tank outside the trailer and the water everywhere...

It's February in Seattle in that picture. There's water everywhere in any picture taken anywhere in the Puget Sound region in February. It's the curse part of living here. The blessing part is the summer. ?
Quote:It's February in Seattle in that picture. There's water everywhere in any picture taken anywhere in the Puget Sound region in February. It's the curse part of living here. The blessing part is the summer.
We've had over 23 inches off rain since the beginning of December for an all time season record.  Nice weather for ducks.
Quote:It's February in Seattle in that picture. There's water everywhere in any picture taken anywhere in the Puget Sound region in February. It's the curse part of living here. The blessing part is the summer.
Point taken... 
SFD E2 and L4, aka the "Battery Street Battle Wagon" posed last October at Seattle Center near the Space Needle.

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Engine 2

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">A 2015 Pierce Arrow XT

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Pierce 27660-01

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">SFD

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

SFD Ladder 4

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">A 2009 Pierce Arrow XT 100 foot tiller with tandem rear-axle tractor.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Pierce 21469-01

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">SFD 95440

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

The first photos of Seattle's new rigs are on flicker under Pierce Manufacturing.  One of the Enforcers will be going to E28, while the new tiller goes to L11.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/piercemfg/25378536944/

One of the Enforcers will be going to E28, while the new tiller goes to L11.  Both of the new engines are already in town.

Quote:The first photos of Seattle's new rigs are on flicker under Pierce Manufacturing.  One of the Enforcers will be going to E28, while the new tiller goes to L11.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/piercemfg/25378536944/

One of the Enforcers will be going to E28, while the new tiller goes to L11.  Both of the new engines are already in town.
Any reason they switched to the Enforcer for the Engine's? Either way they still look good .
Trey White
Quote:Any reason they switched to the Enforcer for the Engine's? Either way they still look good .
I don't know what drove the decision to switch to the Enforcer line.  The positive visible changes I see from the current SFD XT's are full windshield and the raised roof over the crew area that now extends forward to the front door jamb.

Quote:I don't know what drove the decision to switch to the Enforcer line.  The positive visible changes I see from the current SFD XT's are full windshield and the raised roof over the crew area that now extends forward to the front door jamb.
unsure of Seattle's reasons, but sitting in a couple, I noticed that the enforcer had more room for the officer and driver. Didnt do measurements, but the dash config on the enforcer creates a more "open" engine cowling. Cab width on an arrow XT is just under 95 inches, whereas the enforcer is 96. 
Maybe the switch was based on what others that have gone to the Enforcer over the ArrowXT more interior cab space  

Quote:Maybe the switch was based on what others that have gone to the Enforcer over the ArrowXT more interior cab space  
Thanks all.  ffdrive, I wasn't aware of the Dash lineage, thanks for the input.
here are two dash pics for comparison- the one with the console that extends onto the cowling is the Arrow xt

Attached Files Image(s)

The four short wheel base E\-One engines
SFD
ordered in 1999-2000, were assigned far away from downtown. They were rarely seen except in the outlying areas of Seattle. 

The four units <b>(</b>are in reserve status or assigned to the Joint Training Facility,) were assigned as follows...

Engine 37 on the very south end of town at High Point.

Engine 35 in Crown Hill, Engine 39 in Lake City, Engine 41 in Magnolia, all quiet bedroom communities on the northeast and northwest end of town.

Former E41 was being used as a spare piece when I stopped by Station 28 so I got the chance to do a walk around photo shoot.

Former
SFD
Engine 41 a 2000 E\-One cyclone H224

1500X500X7.5A

SN#12106

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Former
SFD
Engine 41 a 2000 E\-One cyclone H224

1500X500X7.5A