Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Found this Ford C alongside Route 9 in Catskill, NY.  I have no info on it other than it was once owned by Sunny Hill Resorts and used to give rides.  https://www.facebook.com/sunnyhillgolfre...cation=ufi

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Swisher, Iowa parade truck
1949 GMC/FMC/Bean
high pressure fog pump/500

Swisher, Iowa parade truck

(08-27-2018, 08:06 PM)Bob-Ont Wrote: While running some errands, I came across this early 90's Grumman Aerialcat parked in a truck lot in Mississauga, Ontario.  I was not able to determine which departments it served in.  Any information would be appreciated.
https://www.torontoautosales.com/heavytr...b73e2a.htm
I believe this truck was originally in service in Wallaceburg, Ontario.  I have it as a 1991 Grumman Panther  1250/400/102'  s/n #18475-AC102
According to The Third Alarm (the OFBA Newsletter), this truck was purchased directly off the exhibit floor at the 1991 IAFC Convention held in Toronto, Ontario.
(12-21-2018, 05:57 PM)Big Dave Wrote: I believe this truck was originally in service in Wallaceburg, Ontario.  I have it as a 1991 Grumman Panther  1250/400/102'  s/n #18475-AC102
According to The Third Alarm (the OFBA Newsletter), this truck was purchased directly off the exhibit floor at the 1991 IAFC Convention held in Toronto, Ontario.

Big Dave and Fyrfoto, thanks for the information.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Wheatland, Iowa 1925 REO Speedwagon

Brooklyn, Iowa parade truck
1937 Studebaker

Ex-Vista, NY
Quick Attack 2/Rescue 13
1990 GMC/Saulsbury 250/500
Retired on 11/15/2016.

Stumbled across this 1980s vintage American Lafrance Century series Engine languishing in the scorching desert sun on a lot in Pahrump, Nye County  Nevada. This faded classic used to serve the Pahrump Volunteer Fire Department AKA, later on, as Pahrump Valley Fire Rescue Service. Ex Las Vegas Fire Rescue of Clark County Nevada.

A retired Perterbilt Water Tender sitting at the Crystal Volunteer Fire Department of Nye County Nevada's quarters. Ex Beatty Volunteer Fire Department of Nye County Nevada. Originally served South Placer in Northern California.

Lake Mohave Rancho Fire District of Dolan Springs, Mohave County Arizona's retired 1965 Seagrave 750/500 Engine. Ex Kingman Arizona.

On PA 309 between Interstate 80 and Mountain Top, Pa on the left if you are heading towards Mountain Top you see this old girl sitting at the edge of a parking lot.

The story is that Rice Township had sold this and when the inspection was done it was found to have a blown motor and other issues. A towing company bought the rig and was going to put a crate motor in it and before that happened they went bankrupt so it has been sitting or at least 5 years and I am assuming that it is totally dead now.

Rice Township fire Department
x Ladder 172

[Image: RICE%20TOWNSHIP%20L172%2011%20JUNE%2020%200001-X5.jpg]

[Image: RICE%20TWP%20LADDER%20060220%200001-X5.jpg]
Dave
An old Hahn Engine and Chevy Rescue Truck at the Southern Inyo County California Fire District's quarters. Both are permanently out of service due to mechanical issues.

An old retired Ford Engine parked across the street from the Goldfield Volunteer Fire Department of Esmeralda County Nevada.

Some old retired relics behind the Silver Peak Volunteer Fire Department of Esmeralda County Nevada. The Ambulance is neighboring ex Fish Lake Valley Nv.

Brewster KS?

Found near Prescott AZ

Does anyone have any info on this one?

The Colorado River Indian Tribe CRIT) Fire Department of La Paz County Arizona's retired 1991 International/Emergency One Engine wasting away in a field next to their station.

A retired 1970s Oshkosh/Pierce 85' Snorkel parked at Extreme Manufacturing of Henderson, Clark County Nevada. They specialize in different elevated platform manufacturing.