Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='97249' date='Apr 12 2007, 21:02 ']Was this rig previously with LaMott FC in Elkins Park?[/quote]

Well if it wasn't.... it is sure missing a good oppertunity!! I am thinking that GA Dave is going to be right here though.... the gold wheel trim is a dead giveaway.... LaMatt is one of the only departments I have seen that uses the gold wheel trim. That is a nice looking engine.... not sure how I missed this department when I was in Jermyn...... I thought that the Crystal was the only department in town...guess I was wrong (though the town only has 3,000 people at most... I guess it warrants 2 firehouses).

Dave
[quote name='Rheems1' post='97348' date='Apr 13 2007, 08:22 ']Well if it wasn't.... it is sure missing a good oppertunity!! I am thinking that GA Dave is going to be right here though.... the gold wheel trim is a dead giveaway.... LaMatt is one of the only departments I have seen that uses the gold wheel trim. That is a nice looking engine.... not sure how I missed this department when I was in Jermyn...... I thought that the Crystal was the only department in town...guess I was wrong (though the town only has 3,000 people at most... I guess it warrants 2 firehouses).

Dave[/quote]

Yes, it is ex-Lamott, does anyone know if they still run the Pierce chemical unit that replaced this one? I want to say they replaced it too in the past few years.
[quote name='wardengine' post='97134' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:10 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=14627]

jermyn pa artisian fire co lackawanna county ran this engine dry chemical unit[/quote]

Additional info:

1971 Intl CO-8190/National Foam 1000/500/500. Purchased new by LaMott (Montgomery Co.,PA which had a heavily traveled section of Route 309 in its service area. It was anticipated that should there be an accident involving a gasoline tanker or a haz-mat incident of another type, this unit would be what they needed to combat it. It carried 1000 lbs. of dry chemical. It was sold in 1982 to Artisan-Jermyn (Lackawanna Co.),PA. Its replacement was a 1982 Pierce Arrow with similar capacities. These units were designated as "Chemical 2" in the Cheltenham Twp.Fire Dept. In 2003 the Pierce was sold to a Guatamala location. At that time it was decided that LaMott could operate without a unit with these specifications and that a more multi-purpose apparatus would be more functional therefore a Pierce Dash and Enforcer were purchased each with a smaller foam tank.
[quote name='wardengine' post='97322' date='Apr 12 2007, 22:44 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=14522]

frackville pa goodwill schuylkill county ran this ford c rescue[/quote]

Additional info:

1971 Ford C-750/Welch. In 1986 purchased by Goodwill-Frackville from an undisclosed New York location. Who can fill in this blank-don't be bashful? In 1995 it was sold to an electrical contractor in Tamaqua,PA who has been using it as a work truck.
[quote name='wardengine' post='97319' date='Apr 12 2007, 22:42 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=14519]

llwellyn pa schuylkill county ran this 70's international converted milk tanker as their water tanker until 2 years ago[/quote]

Additional info:

1971 Intl Fleetstar/Kari-Kool 350/3600. In 1980s purchased from Clover Farms Dairy (Berks Co.),PA where its fiberglass body was used to collect milk from local dairy farms. In 2003 it was sold to a construction firm near Allentown,PA.

west wyoming #1 pa luzerne county ran this ward 79 one of last wards produced. sold on ebay unknown where.
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

montrose united fire co pa susquehanna county ran this ford c i believe young body. help me out if not!! (hugh mcgeehan photo)
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

honesdalr protection#3 pa wayne county ran this american lafrance(hugh mcgeehan photo)
the 1958 alf 900 series was sold to jackson twp fire co in reeders,pa(monroe county) in 1980 and wasince resold by them.

west pittston good will pa luzerne county ran this 1962 fwd 750gpm 500gwt til mid 80's unknown whereabouts today(hugh mcgeehan photo)

wilkes barre city pa ran this hahn1000gpm 500gwt .it is now in posession of luzerne county community college for the new fire safety division(hugh mcgeehan photo)

this was first paramedic unit in our area of ne pa luzerne county(hugh mcgeehan photo)

wyoming pa luzerne county ran 2 1972 ford c hahns 1000gpm 500gwt, only difference was #1 was lime green #2 was orange(hugh mcgeehan)

west hazleton pa luzerne county sti;; operates this Seagrave 1000gpm 500gwt (hugh mcgeehan photo)

simpson fell township pa gratten singer fire co lackawanna county still operates this hahn(hugh mcgeehan photo)

kulpmont west end fire northumberland county pa still operates this hahn (hugh mcgeehan photo)

carbondale city pa lackawanna county ran this 19?? ford american lafrance(hugh mcgeehan photo)

berwick pa eagle #2 columbia county ran this american lafrance 900 series last seen in floridaarea after being sold on ebay(hugh mcgeehan photo)

bloomsburg pa winona fire co columbia county ran this ford c john bean. this fire company has been merged with the town's other 4 companies into 1 organization under 1 roof(hugh mcgeehan photo)