Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pennsylvania Fire/EMS Apparatus
For something rebuilt here is a huge engine-tanker.

Everett VFD,Bedford Co.

2005 Spartan Evolution/98 4-Guys/05 4-Guys

2000/3000/20 Class 'A' foam

Tank originally on a 1981 IH

Warren Jenkins photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The 1995 Spartan/General looks like Cy-Fair Texas.
Good thread Dr. Stinebaugh, there are ome different apparatus in PA, quite in intresting state.

Here is a picture of mine:

Dauphin County, PA Company 49

Swatara Twp. Vol Fire Co.

Rescue 49: 1981 Mack CF/Swab 2000 GPM/300 GWT X-Rescue 42

Benn told this unit first started out at FDNY and then somehow became this unit, anyone with more info, please feel free to add.
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
Next up is this big Mack CF Engine-Tanker designated as Franklin County, PA Engine-Tanker 5. This is operated by the volunteers of the Mont Alto Fire Dept. Been told this unit started out as a Mack Aerialcope. This unit is nicknamed as Shamu.

Info for this unit:

Engine-Tanker 5: 1974 Mack CF 1000 GPM/2000 GWT X-Mechanicsburg,PA

Next up is this Older sutphen operated by the volunteers of the Rescue Hose Company of Greencastle. This unit is designated as Franklin County, PA Engine-Tanker 3. Been told this was the first Engine-Tanker in Franklin County and now there is a total of 7 Engine-Tankers in Franklin County.

Info for this unit:

Engine-Tanker 3: 1987 Sutphen 1250 GPM/2400 GWT

Up next is this Green E\-One operated by the volunteers of the Franklin Fire Of Chambersburg. This unit has a Designation of Franklin County, PA Station 4. Reason why I posted this unit and because I don't know of many green firetruks in PA. This unit also has a twin with the unit designation of Engine 45.

Info for this unit:

Engine 43: 2004 E\-One Cyclone II 2000 GPM/750 GWT/20 Foam

Up next from the same department as the picture prior to this one is operated by the volunteers of the Franklin Fire Co. of Chambersburg. This unit as a unit designation of Franklin County, PA Truck 42. Reason I posted this unit is again because it is green (an unusual color of a firetruck) and it is a Simon Duplex Ladder truck, I don't believe there are many of these.

Info for this unit:

Truck 42: 1995 Simon-Duplex/LTI 104 Ft. Aerial

Up next is this unusual Tanker from Cumberland County. Operated by the volunteers at Company 20 is this 1978 Ford L/Van Pelt 1500 GPM/1500 GWT X-Elk Grove, CA with a unit desingation of Tanker 20.

Quote:Up next is this Green E-One operated by the volunteers of the Franklin Fire Of Chambersburg. This unit has a Designation of Franklin County, PA Station 4. Reason why I posted this unit and because I don't know of many green firetruks in PA.

Try the following Pennsylvania FD's:

Green Tree

Castle Shannon

Greenock

Parks Township

Greenfields

Limerick

Robinson Township

Emerald FC, Renovo

Reliance FC, Middleburg

Beavertown

Lower Providence Township

Bryn Mawr

Upper Makefield

Clover Hose, Mt. Carmel

Norvelt

Heidlersburg

Scottdale

Irishtown
i'll have to dig thru my files but i'm sure alot of the photographers have better pic's of the same stuff
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='108384' date='May 15 2007, 23:32 ']Try the following Pennsylvania FD's:

Green Tree

Castle Shannon

Greenock

Parks Township

Greenfields

Limerick

Robinson Township

Emerald FC, Renovo

Reliance FC, Middleburg

Beavertown

Bryn Mawr

Upper Makefield

Clover Hose, Mt. Carmel

Norvelt

Heidlersburg

Scottdale

Irishtown[/quote]

beaver twp pa columbia county just got this " green hornet" from new jersey to replace their powder blue cf mack engine
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='108384' date='May 15 2007, 23:32 ']Try the following Pennsylvania FD's:

Green Tree

Castle Shannon

Greenock

Parks Township

Greenfields

Limerick

Robinson Township

Emerald FC, Renovo

Reliance FC, Middleburg

Beavertown

Bryn Mawr

Upper Makefield

Clover Hose, Mt. Carmel

Norvelt

Heidlersburg

Scottdale

Irishtown[/quote]

Add Mapleton to that list

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
Parks twps last two units are white

but add sligo to the list
Add Good Will of Bridgeport to the list.

Green Tree

Castle Shannon

Greenock

Parks Township

Greenfields

Limerick

Robinson Township

Emerald FC, Renovo

Reliance FC, Middleburg

Beavertown

Bryn Mawr

Upper Makefield

Clover Hose, Mt. Carmel

Norvelt

Heidlersburg

Scottdale

Irishtown[/quote]

Wow, didn't realize there were that many departments in PA that had green firetrucks.

Thanks
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' date='May 14 2007, 19:58 ' post='107947']

This is a thread for Pennsylvania rigs that are offbeat, "one-off", small or unusual manufacturer, or rebuilt from their original configuration.

Actually, the criteria for this thread did not mention color of the truck,but...,I shouldn't be surprised.

BTW, Greencastle is not the only "orange" fire dept. in PA either.

Thank you GA Dave and others,for your posts that serve to educate.

Now c'mon you guys, let's get some participation! (with pics)
i like those older macks.......esp. that rescue pumper........ great thread and pics
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Here are three unusual Pennsylvania rigs, at least for me.

Definetely a one-off is this ladder truck from the Covington Fire Co. in Daleyville. It is a 1973 Brockway 527 Huskiteer with an older ALF 65' ladder. 1000 gpm-pump, no tank. Ex-Montrose/PA

Juergen Kiefer photo

Brockway trucks are rare in the fire-service, but the Covington Fire Co. had two of them. The tanker was a 1972 Brockway 361 with General tank, that was a milk-tanker in its first life. In 1994 it was converted in a fire-tanker with a 1500 gpm fm-pump. The tank holds 3500 gallons of water.

Juergen Kiefer photo