Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Found this 195? Bean with the McKinley Heights engine behind an old warehouse. A guy working on a car next to it said some junk dealer bought both of'em. All I know is it's from Stanley Iowa, doors were locked so I couldn't get any numbers. Theres a tag on the back from Petersen Blacksmith shop, Byron MN. Anyone know anything about this rig?

[Image: 100_3843.jpg]

[Image: 100_3847.jpg]
In another thread, there was discussion of a Ford/Sanford from Brewerton NY that was offered on Ebay. I made contact with the seller and was given permission to go photograph it. It was really wedged in between other trucks, but I managed to get this shot of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Near the above Ford/Sanford was this 1942 Seagrave.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

Here is the data plate off of the above Seagrave. It appears that it was delivered as a US Army truck.

John Kenealy

John, too bad I missed going with you yesterday. The old Ford, according to one Brewerton Firefighter friend of mine was in service at least till 1977 , when he joined. It served as Engine 2 out of their station 2 at the time. I do remember that this truck was in private ownership in 1978, and was offered to the West Monroe Fire Dept to used when they founded on 01/01/78. However, I do not believe that West Monroe ever used the truck.

It sat quietly in a field for the last 25 plus years, on Lower Road in West Monroe NY. Late last fall I took a drive over and noticed it was not in it's resting place and wondered what had happen to it! Now i know.

As for the Seagrave, I have no idea. If you study the plate and see the delivery date, I wouldn't be surprised if it spent time in the military. I am some what familar with most trucks from Oswego county and Northern Onondaga County from 78 onward. This truck is not familar to me at all.

Good find John.

tim/csff25
This Ford C/Bean of unknown vintage and specs was for sale in April of this year at Clay Twp. VFC, in Petersville,Bartholomew CO. IND.

Photo by firebuffmomma (D. Jenkins)

[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='116703' date='Jun 7 2007, 08:14 ']Near the above Ford/Sanford was this 1942 Seagrave.[/quote]

I have found an older shot of this truck taken by an unknown photographer in 2004, sitting in the same spot next to the silver bus. It had a enclosed cab. obviously since removed. The photo was marked "Dobbs Ferry", in Westchester County NY.
John Kenealy

I found two old Grumman engines sitting at Davids Auto Service on Orange Avenue in Roanoke, Virginia.

Ironically, both Grummans are in the same lot and both were built one after another, as determined by the serial numbers.

Here is the first....

Roanoke, Virginia

Reserve Engine 903

1982 Duplex/Grumman

1500 gpm

s/n 16453-FC

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

I am doing it again....posting under my sons log on. Sorry.

Roanoke, Virginia

Reserve 901

1982 Duplex/Grumman

1500 gpm

s/n 16454-FC

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Other side of Reserve 901...

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Quote:I am doing it again....posting under my sons log on. Sorry

That's OK Mike, post away!!!
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='116702' date='Jun 7 2007, 08:12 ']In another thread, there was discussion of a Ford/Sanford from Brewerton NY that was offered on Ebay. I made contact with the seller and was given permission to go photograph it. It was really wedged in between other trucks, but I managed to get this shot of it.[/quote]

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The members of the Brewerton Fire Department bought the truck and will rehab it. I love a happy ending!!!!

tim/csff25

While driving cross country on vacation, I made a right turn and headed home via Canada. Close to the border on Rt 281 in Dunseith, North Dakota was this 1951 Ford engine sitting outside their quarters
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.

For those keeping record, here is the only plate I could find. And only thing I could really read well was the Serial number of the pump. 10121.

Hope this helps.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
I found this old gal hiding in a local junkyard. Not sure why she is in a junkyard so soon, maybe some of our Lancaster (pronounced Lank-uh-stirr) County, SC area people have the story on her.

Rich Hill (SC) Fire Dept. "X 1503"

198? GMC TiltCab

????/????

Former Tanker

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote name='Andrew2340' post='69344' date='Jan 20 2007, 13:15 ']It last served Saunook-Balsam (they were once combined, now Saunook & Balsam-Willetts-Ochre Hill are seperate FD's) Fire Dept. here in Haywood County. I couldn't find a year model, but somebody guessed late 30's or early 40's? It's a Dodge and served a local apple orchard before the owner donated it to Saunook-Balsam as their first tanker. What a rig!

Saunook-Balsam (NC) Fire Dept. "Ex-1402"

19?? Dodge/Local

???gal

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6399][/quote]

Andrew,

Just thought I'd let you know, this is a 1941 Dodge. Easy to spot, 41 model trucks were the only ones with lower chrome pieces. If your near this truck again, should be a serial number plate on drivers door pillar. Would love to have serial number to add to our 39/47 Data Base.

THANKS,

Nollie
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='104800' date='May 6 2007, 12:37 ']Seagrave "Sweetheart" mid-mount ladder truck found in Maine. I was unable to make out the lettering...the first three letters appear to be R-E and either a N or M.

Maybe someone can indentify this rig with this info.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=16734][/quote]

just a shot here but revere ma. had a rig like that and i believe it went to medfield ma. jjf
Nollie, I pass this truck each & every day. I'll try to stop tommorrow and get it. How many numbers/letters am I looking for? I've never got info off a Dodge plate before...
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

I found the next five rigs on Route 70 near the Shrewsbury/Boylston, MA town line. All except two were behind a chain link fence. Any information on these trucks would be appreciated.

-Eric

Boylston, MA

Former Engine 2

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Grafton State Hospital, MA

Former Engine

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]