Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
This old Ford is still owned by Orwell. It was a pumper at one time now used as a Parade truck.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Parish Fire Department ran this 41 Chevy/ALF as 2031. I could have sworn I had a better picture of than this. Oh well, it sits across the street from my house I'll have to walk over and take another sometime, in fact the grey ranch in the background is mine.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Pulaski, Riggold fire ran this Crown Vic. as 2372.

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

While not a very good picture. This has been the best shot I have been able to get of a Ex-Redfield GMC/FAE that ran as unit 2431. It sits in a lot north of Richland NY, for several years. If anything they stack more stuff in the lot to where you can hardly tell that it still there.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

This Ford/? rescue was found sitting behind the West Amboy Fire House and had Redfield lettering on it at one time. It is also a ex-Westmoreland NY truck. i don't ever recall iot being in service with either department.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Opps wrong picture, this should be it.

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

This neat old Ford/? ran as 2471, Note the siren on the front of the rig, the only way this would fit in their old station was to turn it sideways, not that you would need a siren in Redfield anyways! It is in private hands now, and for this vintage, it is as solid of a Ford as I seen in this area.

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

Richland NY ran this Ford/Young as 1541. I got this picture when it sat out behind there firehouse, looks like it had some pump problems. I got this has being a 1978 and sported a rare for then top mount pump panel. The truck has been gone for sometime.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Sandy Creek Ny runs this 1957 Ward 750 GPM pumper as a parade truck. This is a great old truck, one of my favorites

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

Sandy Creek recently took this Ward out of service and was for sale as of last fall, no word if it sold. I posted this a week or two back now I think about it.

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

Scriba runs this 57 Chevy/Local old school tanker as a parade truck. She is in nice shape!

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

[quote name='csff25' post='283105' date='Feb 19 2009, 18:01 ']Sandy Creek Ny runs this 1957 Ward 750 GPM pumper as a parade truck. This is a great old truck, one of my favorites

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25[/quote]

To quote Vern, my old boss - "that be a bad mamma jamma!"
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Found some more oldies in my archives. First up is this Seagrave Ladder which served the Canajoharie,NY FD as 1, or 209. It has two numbers on it, so I'm not sure if one is the dept numbering system, and the other is the county system, or how that works. Not sure if it's still in service or not, but looked to be at the time of this 2006 picture.

Here is a front view of the Seagrave Ladder from Canajoharie.

Next up is this Maxim Engine which was still serving the Watervliet,NY FD as Engine-5 at the time of this 2006 picture.

And last for now is an officers side view of the Watervliet Engine-5. Not sure if this rig is still in service or not, but at the time it was in good shape.

[quote name='matchot' post='283336' date='Feb 20 2009, 16:20 ']Found some more oldies in my archives. First up is this Seagrave Ladder which served the Canajoharie,NY FD as 1, or 209. It has two numbers on it, so I'm not sure if one is the dept numbering system, and the other is the county system, or how that works. Not sure if it's still in service or not, but looked to be at the time of this 2006 picture.[/quote]

Canajoharie is Montgomery County (NY) Station 209, this was Truck 1. It was replaced in July of 2006 by an E\-One Tower.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='283391' date='Feb 20 2009, 19:31 ']Canajoharie is Montgomery County (NY) Station 209, this was Truck 1. It was replaced in July of 2006 by an E\-One Tower.[/quote]

Thanks for the info John.
Phoenix uses this 1942 Mack as a parade truck. It was a Goverment suplus piece that they have owned since just after WW II. As the story goes is was army green when they took delivery of it. it also had a white with blue and red stripe paint job in the 70's

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

This 41-47 Chevy/? is still owned by the Williamstown Fire Department. I'm sure it's not original to Williamstown, as they often bought used pumpers up till the late 90's. I'm not sure of the previous owners. That is it for the oldies of Oswego County

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25