Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='Howie' post='133739' date='Jul 26 2007, 19:32 ']What a shame to see those classics end up like that Eric!![/quote]

Howie,

Three out of the four of them (the two Buffalo’s & the Seagrave) are owned by the Amoskeag Reserve Engine Company Chapter of SPAAMFAA. Here's hoping that they get restored!

-Eric
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
To regain my title of the Southern Relic King, I'll post a couple of recent finds. Here is an old City of C'nooga Seagraves TDA. CFD keeps older rigs on hand for awhile at their motor maint./drill tower for parts I guess. Unk. year or mod.

Attached Files Image(s)

I found this old gal behind a used car lot in Cleveland, TN. I don't think it's a local pumper. Nobody home when I shot the photos.

International/Darley

500gpm/500gal(?)

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh, here's the pump panel plate for the aformentioned "pumpah".

Attached Files Image(s)

Punkin, that Chattanooga TDA you shot..

Chattanooga (TN) Fire Dept. "F-048"

1969 Seagrave PT20468

0/0/85' TDA

S/N # R4523

It was possibly sold thru www.govdeals.com a few weeks ago, unless of course you shot this picture more recently than that! Hope this helps!
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[color="#00FF00"]Ocean Pines, MD

Engine 1103

1980 GMC L65/Pierce

1000/750[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

[color="#A0522D"]Woodland Beach, MD

Engine 22

1986 PenFab/E-One

1250/750[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

Found this Ford/Pierce in Inwood WV, sitting behind a house. I didn't get a chance to get any numbers off of it, but the owner of the property said it will be making its way to PA in the future.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is another picture of the engine's rear compartment door.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Andrew2340' post='136079' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:04 ']Punkin, that Chattanooga TDA you shot..

Chattanooga (TN) Fire Dept. "F-048"

1969 Seagrave PT20468

0/0/85' TDA

S/N # R4523

It was possibly sold thru www.govdeals.com a few weeks ago, unless of course you shot this picture more recently than that! Hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks Andrew.

It was a couple of weeks b4 posting I think. I though y'all had shot it on your wirlwind tour thru C'nooga last winter but wasn't sure. Unfortunatly, it probably scrapper fodder now.
I dusted off an old box of slides and found some treasures ...

East Orange ALF TDA sitting at the Dunmore ALF facility awaiting its fate. Slide dates back to 1989.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Another one in the yard was Bayville New York's 1950 ALF 700 Reg. No. L-4051

Attached Files Image(s)

Bob

Found this 1954 Maxim in Manchester Vermont. It has been converted to a Flatbed Tow Truck.

Howie, if you see this, the VIN/Maxim Reg. # is 142167RXLOH

[Image: RigsTractorsVermont034.jpg]

[Image: RigsTractorsVermont032.jpg]
That was on eBay a few months ago, not sure if it sold or not. I think at the time we figured out where it was from, but I will have to dig for it. The SN you have was for the motor - a Hercules RXLD. The Maxim SN would be 4 digits and would probably start with 2xxx or 3xxx..I'll see what I can dig up.
the ex-orange rig and the ex bayville ny rig along with a 1962 maxim formerly of montclair nj went to denaples auto parts in dunmore,pa in the fall of 1989 when american la france was moving to their new shop just down the road in the keystone industrial park.
[quote name='brotherjulio' post='138371' date='Aug 8 2007, 20:28 ']the ex-orange rig and the ex bayville ny rig along with a 1962 maxim formerly of montclair nj went to denaples auto parts in dunmore,pa in the fall of 1989 when american la france was moving to their new shop just down the road in the keystone industrial park.[/quote]

Thank you for the information on what happened to these rigs.
Bob

This old Imternational that used to have a King Seagrave rear end was sitting in PEI.....
[quote name='ffdrive' post='139309' date='Aug 11 2007, 23:11 ']This old Imternational that used to have a King Seagrave rear end was sitting in PEI.....[/quote]

OOPS here it is....
Sorry Having a few problems tonight...here it is....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='marco17' post='127263' date='Jul 8 2007, 19:00 ']Unknown ALF Century at a used car lot on Route 31 north of Flemington, NJ

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=11074][/quote]

If memory is correct, formerly of Montclair FD north NJ. This rig underwent some upgrades by prisoners at one of the state prisons in northern NJ and never saw much service at the training center, it had too many other mechanical issues.