Hyattsville VFD

Riviera Beach VFD after purchasing the '74 Seagrave from Hyattsville

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection

1928 American LaFrance

Laurel

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection
That 69' Lafrance from Beltsville/Hyattsville is for sale. If anyone is intrested send me a PM

Chad
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Mini Pumper 14 is an ex-Talleyville, Delaware unit it was used by Station 14 and then went to the reserve fleet to act as a replacement Rescue Squad. Light Unit 19 was Water Supply 30 the Cab was from a county public works dump truck, the body is from an ex-Bowie Ward LaFrance. There was only one of these units made by the shop, the other Water Supply was Clinton Station 25 which used the Kenworth/Pierce Pumper. The Rescue Squad was a Seagrave 4dr cab that was replaced, after a collision with a train, with a cincinnati style 4dr cab. It ran as Rescue Squad 2 and then want to the reserve fleet. The C Model Mack (RE7) was purchased to use as a reserve engine it may also have come from Talleyville, Delaware. At the same time a 900 series American LaFrance Pumper (RE5) was purchased from Cambridge, Maryland and also assigned to the reserve fleet and assigned to Chillum, Station 44 in the 4th Battalion.
[quote name='mdmodeler' post='124863' date='Jul 2 2007, 16:33 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=20643]

I think this was originally from 20.

It ended up being used at Redskins games and concerts at Fed Ex Field

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection[/quote]

The Ford/3D that went to be used at the Fed Ex was the one Engine Company 27 (Morningside) had.
[quote name='mdmodeler' post='124858' date='Jul 2 2007, 16:26 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=20641]

1968 Mack C-85

I think this was originally from Boulevard Heights but I'm not sure.

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection[/quote]

was owned by a dept. in Pa.
[quote name='Maxim4Ever' post='128867' date='Jul 13 2007, 02:22 ']The Ford/3D that went to be used at the Fed Ex was the one Engine Company 27 (Morningside) had.[/quote]

This unit was purchased by Prince Georges County and assigned to Upper Marlboro it ran as Engine 201. An interesting point about this apparatus is it was the one of the first pumpers purchased by Prince Georges County Fire Department, it was painted in the colors of the volunteer station it was assigned too. It had a fire department license plate that read Prince Georges County Fire Department Engine 1. The unit was rehabed and repainted in the department colors of white with a red stripe and assigned to Reserve Engine 8. It was then assigned as Engine 531 which was the special events company. It had "Raljon Express" printed on the front of the cab, in honor of Jack Kent Cooke's two sons and the name of the area where the new Redskins Football Stadium was built. It is a 1973 Ford C/Oren 1000 gpm, the two 1980 Ford C/3D 750 gpm pumpers were assigned to Station 27 and 41.
[quote name='Pete Muller' post='129141' date='Jul 13 2007, 23:42 ']This unit was purchased by Prince Georges County and assigned to Upper Marlboro it ran as Engine 201. An interesting point about this apparatus is it was the one of the first pumpers purchased by Prince Georges County Fire Department, it was painted in the colors of the volunteer station it was assigned too. It had a fire department license plate that read Prince Georges County Fire Department Engine 1. The unit was rehabed and repainted in the department colors of white with a red stripe and assigned to Reserve Engine 8. It was then assigned as Engine 531 which was the special events company. It had "Raljon Express" printed on the front of the cab, in honor of Jack Kent Cooke's two sons and the name of the area where the new Redskins Football Stadium was built. It is a 1973 Ford C/Oren 1000 gpm, the two 1980 Ford C/3D 750 gpm pumpers were assigned to Station 27 and 41.[/quote]

I knew it spent some time at 53,one of the former shift men from our station use to work overtime at the stadium and he said that this Ford had seen its better days.

The two 1980 Fords from 27 and 41 are posted a few pages back in this thread.
As requested...

1968 Maxim F262LAT100 from Berwyn Heights, MD Prince Georges County

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Howie' post='136277' date='Aug 2 2007, 21:50 ']As requested...

1968 Maxim F262LAT100 from Berwyn Heights, MD Prince Georges County[/quote]

Thanks Howie,this is a great addition to this thread!
This 2007 Pierce Dash Pumper with a 1750 GPM Pump & 500 Gal water Tank. was delivered "Today" to the local Pierce Service Center, and will be delivered to The Bunker Hill VFD in Prince Georges County, Md. it carries Pierce Job # 19117

Attached Files Image(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
One more shot of the New Engine 553

Attached Files Image(s)

Is that for the combo company or one of the vollie co occupying the combo house?
I thought it was a 1250 pump when I looked at it.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
I believe the members who are affiliated with Mount Ranier actually spec'd and bought the rig. The door seal has a "3" in the center of it.
[quote name='dawson_fire' post='146532' date='Sep 6 2007, 22:52 ']I thought it was a 1250 pump when I looked at it.

Terry[/quote]

Terry, I was going by The Pierce Backlog that I have.

Accokeek VFD

1987 Ford F-350

Mini-Pumper 24

Accokeek VFD

1994 Pierce Lance

Engine 242

Sorry for the poor quality photos,I'm not sure why they came out like this.

Silver Hill VFD

2005 Pierce Arrow XT

Engine 291