Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ward LaFrance Ultravision
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='9977' date='Jul 15 2006, 20:58 ']Engine 91, New Buffalo, PA

1973 Ambassador

1000/600

#80-899

x-Norwood, PA

Boston had some, Anne Arundel County, MD did too, even Detroit had one, but sedan cab Ambassadors are rare! This is the only one I've ever photographed.[/quote]

Now in service at Donaldson (Schuylkill Co,.),PA
Here is a 1974 Ward La France that still serves the Clarks Summit,PA fire company! 1250gpm/500gal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Memphis xE28

1974 WLF

1000/500

Has been disposed of since this photo has been taken

Attached Files Image(s)

Shelby County Fire Department

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
Farmers Branch, Tx 1970 Ward LaFrance/Grove 65'

Truck-1

Attached Files Image(s)

Seven Hills VFD Mobile Co, ALABAMA WLF. Does Anyone know the history of this truck? The Chief said, "the truck came from NY State." 1 of 3.

2 of 3

3 of 3 last pic.

commish great shot of farmers branch tx wlf. not many made like that one i guess. do you know if they have or had any other wlf apparatus?
[quote name='68mack' post='8426' date='Jul 13 2006, 00:51 ']This one is owned by a collector. Engine 77-1 "William Penn Fire Co." in Hulmeville, PA[/quote]

1970 WLF 1000gpm Hale QLD 16-9.5 sn 31917
Newtown Fire Assn runs this one

1965 Model P85R - a one of a kind. Note Q in place of original Fleur-de-lis in the grillwork. Original cost was 24K.

Note rounded cab roof line on front. Previously they had a piece of sheet metal riveted between the windshieldand cab roof.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='13460' date='Jul 22 2006, 19:50 ']1970 WLF 1000gpm Hale QLD 16-9.5 sn 31917[/quote]

Here's another pic of it at the SNJ SPAAMFAA-Millville NJ muster.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='The Commish' post='8023' date='Jul 12 2006, 15:29 ']Boston, Ma 1976 Ward LaFrance 1500 GPM Eng-14

Joel Woods photo[/quote]

Boston bought five of these P80-1500-5 engines. Note the four door cab and the curved holder for the longer, flexible suction hose. I believe these had Detroit diesel engines rather than gas jobs.

These were Spec # 80-1244/48.

The Newtown Fire Assn Rsq P85R had spec # 8512.
Grenloch, NJ

1968 Ward LaFrance 1000 Gpm

Attached Files Image(s)

Hamilton Twp, NJ

1971 Ward LaFrance 1000 Gpm

Attached Files Image(s)

mechanicsville pa fire co of schuylkill county operates this ward lafrance.it was bought used i believe from a dept in bucks county pa,maybe al can help me out with this!!!
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

east norwegion twp pa fire co schuylkill county operated this ward lafrance backdraft look a like ex chicago engine.it is being sold to an airport in arizona
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' post='16251' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:12 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3403]

mechanicsville pa fire co of schuylkill county operates this ward lafrance.it was bought used i believe from a dept in bucks county pa,maybe al can help me out with this!!![/quote]

Additional info:

1977 Ward LaFrance Ambassador 1250 gpm. Purchased new by Wm.Penn FC-Hulmeville (Bucks Co.),PA.

In 1982 while in service at the Oxford Valley sub-station, a company member set the firehouse on fire. This truck was driven from the burning building while on fire itself. It was heavily damaged in that incident and was refurbed and placed back in service. In 1991 it was sold to Mechanicsville (Schuylkill Cio.),PA.
[quote name='alpowg' post='16318' date='Jul 28 2006, 14:54 ']Additional info:

1977 Ward LaFrance Ambassador 1250 gpm. Purchased new by Wm.Penn FC-Hulmeville (Bucks Co.),PA.

In 1982 while in service at the Oxford Valley sub-station, a company member set the firehouse on fire. This truck was driven from the burning building while on fire itself. It was heavily damaged in that incident and was refurbed and placed back in service. In 1991 it was sold to Mechanicsville (Schuylkill Cio.),PA.[/quote]

THANKS AL; I KNEW IF ANYONE KNEW IT WOULD BE YOU
The WLF Ambassador is probably my all-time favorite fire truck design. I haven't had the opportunity to photograph many of them, but I'll contribute what I've got. Unfortunately, I don't have the specs on any of these.

When I visited Boyertown, PA years ago, they were running a beautiful pair of engines including this...

Attached Files Image(s)

...and this later-model WLF/Maxim hybrid.

Attached Files Image(s)