Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American LaFrance Apparatus
Here is the Village of Hamburg, NY Engine 2, a 2002 RD Murray/American La France ALF 2000GPM, 750gal. Your going to notice a pattern with the body style on these Hamburg pumpers. In 1997 RD Murray intrduced the dominion series pumpers, and this is the body style.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is Hamburg's old Engine 2 which is now owned by William Shoemaker Jr. who is a member of the Hamburg Vol. Fire Department. Merritt Long photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the Village of Hamburg, NY Engine 1, a 2005 RD Murray/American La France ALF 2000GPM, 750gal. Pic 1 of 2. This rig is very sharp looking, especialy with the black reflective stripe.

Pic 2 of 2 of the Village of Hamburg, NY Engine 1. I'm posting this pic to show you how all three hamburg pumpers look from the back side. All three engines have the booster reel come out from the rear of the truck maximizing space on the rig.

Here is one of the most unique ALF Eagle's I have ever seen. This is U-Crest fire company, Cheektowaga, NY Engine 2. It is a 2004 RD Murray/American La France 4X4 Eagle chassis with a 1250gpm waterous pump, 750 gal., 7.5K Onan diesel generator in the rear compartment. Picture taken by Merritt Long, with my camera. The pic is from July and I was driving Doyle's new Engine 1 in this parade and my last in Cheektowaga, NY

Here's another pic of U-Crest engine 2 just to give you an idea of the size of this rig!

Next pic is a 1977 American La France Pioneer that served the Bellevue Fire Department, Cheektowaga, NY. This was their Engine 3 and was replaced in 2000. Bellevue got the pumper, but lost interest in the restoral on the truck and two local guys from Western New York bought it and will finish the restoral project on the truck. Merritt Long photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's what the truck looked like a few months ago. Not too much different. Bellevue had this one and another ALF Pioneer only with Spoked wheels designated Engine 4. Anyone out there have pics of that one?

Was the rainy pic of U-Crest from 4th July of this year? What a horrible day that was....nothing but rain.

Anyways...here is one of two identical ALF Eagle's Mississauga has. I believe these were in their calander a few years ago. The trucks are P121 and P101, which has moved to become P112. Mississauga also has ALF chassis with Smeal bodywork with P108, P110, P114, P117 (50' ladder), P122, A115 (100' ladder) and R114 (just replaced, now out of service).

My photo.

Truck 2, Emerald Hook & Ladder #3, Wellsville, NY

ALF Century

100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Aerial 11, Baton Rouge, LA (retired)

ALF 700 Series

100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 11, Castle Shannon, PA

ALF Century

1500/500

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 1231, Pine City, NY

ALF 900 Series

1000/500

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 1232, Pine City, NY

ALF Century

1000/1000

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 13, Buffalo, NY (retired)

ALF Century

1250/500/50' telesqurt

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 174, Clover Hill, VA (retired)

ALF 1000 Series

1000/500

x-Wellsboro, NY

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 58-4, Scottdale, PA

ALF Eagle/4-Guys

2000/750

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 147, Chesterfield Co, VA (retired)

ALF Century

100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 4, Hayes Correctional Facility, Summerville, GA

ALF 900 Series

1000/200/90' Aero Chief

x-Castle Shannon, PA

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 15, Gainesville, GA (retired)

ALF Century

100'

Attached Files Image(s)