Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American LaFrance Apparatus
Ladder 16, Atlanta, GA (retired)

ALF Century

100'

(Last TDA built at Elmira)

Attached Files Image(s)

Good morning everyone, Happy Thanksgiving! Here is Enid, OK Engine 3. This is one of twin pumpers that were reffurbbed in 2006 at American La France Hamburg.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is Governor's Island 2001 RD Murray/American La France.

Here is Marilla, NY former Engine 4. The truck was sold to an oil refinery in New Mexico. Merritt Long can probablly give more info on the truck and correct me if I am wrong.

Miller Hose, Newfane, NY Engine 5 ALF Century.

Here is Springville, NY's ALF Century Ladder Chief, formerly Village of Hamburg, NY.

Here's a pic of Miller Hose Engine 5 before they added the wheel kit.

Silver Creek, NY Engine 171, former Orchard Park, NY Engine 2 ALF Century.

Sunset Bay, NY Engine 191, ALF Century. Did Sunset always own this rig or did they buy it second hand? I know a few of their rigs they have bought second hand. Merritt Long photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ischua, NY Engine 2 ALF Century. This rig is no longer in service and I have no clue where it went to.

Quote:Sunset Bay, NY Engine 191, ALF Century. Did Sunset always own this rig or did they buy it second hand?

1980 ALF Century

1250/750

CE-6971

x-West Lake FD, Erie, PA.

Here is Bay Dristrict's in Lexington Park, MD. New 2007 ALF Eagle pumper. She caught the plug at her first working fire. I'll take better pics and get the info. I also plan on making this rig into a 1/25 scale model. Thanks. Take care. Scottie
[quote name='JFong' post='139726' date='Aug 12 2007, 20:23 ']FDNY

Photo Credits Jack Greible[/quote]

Isn't that the type of cab that ALF used for their line of garbage trucks introduced with their 150th anniversary? If not they are awfully similar.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
It is! ALF called it the CTC (Commercial Truck Chassis). FDNY took delivery of four CTC's with Saulsbury bodies. Two were Mobile Medical Units, one was a Haz-Mat Unit and the last was a heavy rescue. Lawrence Park, PA (next to Erie) has a 1500/1500 pumper-tanker on a CTC chassis. ALF had plans to market a series of pumpers on the CTC, called the Rebel, but they never went into production.
[quote name='Scottie27' post='165728' date='Nov 22 2007, 10:49 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=27484]

Here is Bay Dristrict's in Lexington Park, MD. New 2007 ALF Eagle pumper. She caught the plug at her first working fire. I'll take better pics and get the info. I also plan on making this rig into a 1/25 scale model. Thanks. Take care. Scottie[/quote]

That's a nice rig, made to fight fire. Looking forward to more, thanks.
Hampton, Ct

1073 American LaFrance/Pioneer II

1500/1500

Eng-112

#P-14-3475

Mike Bakunis photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Newport News, Va. Engine-101 1973 American LaFrance Pioneer 1000/500

John D. Friis Photo 1998

Newport News, Va. Engine-401 1973 American LaFrance Pioneer 1000/500

John D. Friis Photo 1998

Newport News, Va. Ladder-2 1973 American LaFrance Pioneer 100 ft.

John D. Friis Photo 1998

Albemarle County, Va. East Rivanna VFD Engine-221970 American LaFrance Pioneer 1000/500