Some of the vehicles used for training.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One of several Mask Service Units

Bus, formerly operated by th MTA. I tend to doubt it gets around much nowadays

Tow Truck

Mobile Command Post. I didn't ask about its fate.

Not much left of this one

Seagrave lovers close your eyes

John Deere assigned to the Special Operations Command. No John, FDNY is not changing their colors

Reserve engine been used for a probie class

329's manifold unit still hanging out at the academy

A "Bus"

Haz tac Battalion Chief. Haz Tac units are ambulances that have Haz Mat Tech EMTs or Paramedics that respond to HM jobs for medical monitoring and decon.

The remainder of the "Rock" photos I'll post in the "Other Photos" section.

I have a request for you New York guys. A freind of mine just got back from the Seagrave plant and was speaking to one of the mechanics. He said FDNY is now buying aerals now with what he says is a "break-away" tip on the ladder. Basically the last part of the ladder typically the orange section is bolted on. Since FDNY usually puts their ladder through the windows to vent and if it damages it, they just unbolt the damage part and bolt a new tip on. Is this true? Does anyone have pics of this or can confirm? It sounds very smart and it makes perfect sense.
All of Ferrara's aerials have that feature. Only makes sense!

rr...
[quote name='gravenut74' post='171347' date='Dec 14 2007, 16:05 ']I have a request for you New York guys. A freind of mine just got back from the Seagrave plant and was speaking to one of the mechanics. He said FDNY is now buying aerals now with what he says is a "break-away" tip on the ladder. Basically the last part of the ladder typically the orange section is bolted on. Since FDNY usually puts their ladder through the windows to vent and if it damages it, they just unbolt the damage part and bolt a new tip on. Is this true? Does anyone have pics of this or can confirm? It sounds very smart and it makes perfect sense.[/quote]

Not sure what yr aerials they are on, but I did hear it as well. And an FYI, looks like that scavenged Seagrave was a SI engine, with the higher hosebed it should have a 750 gallon tank. (Mike?)

As for that bus, that looked like the Mask Confidence Bus, made from an old MTA transit bus. It goes around to each Batallion, and you refresh your skills in SCBA evolutions. Along with following a hoseline, and crossing over rafters.

One thing about the FDNY (and other depts as well), is when given the opportunity, the Brothers can make something benefical out of something old, and with a few bucks. Along with the Mask Confidence Bus, Old E-23, damaged during 9/11/01, was turned into a mobile PSS (Personal Safety System), developed after "Black Sunday".

This rig is backed into a firehouse, where a hinged wall is raised up with a window built in. Secured, an inflatable airbag is placed below on the apparatus floor. Now instead of going to the Rock, these two setups let you do it in quarters, or within your Battalion.

Many times, instrumental, innovative and beneficial trainings come from the front line troops. A few bucks, nuts and bolts, and a few gallons of sweat come some pretty damned good things for us to improve on.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
it was a Seagrave with a 750 tank(SP9330). the 05 and 06 Seagraves have a 6 foot removable tip. they're painted orange.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='171387' date='Dec 14 2007, 18:40 ']it was a Seagrave with a 750 tank(SP9330). the 05 and 06 Seagraves have a 6 foot removable tip. they're painted orange.[/quote]

Glad I never doubt you...........................
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
The 4 Seagrave 110' heavy duty aerials FDNY had also had the removeable section on tip.
[quote name='NJMedic' post='171240' date='Dec 13 2007, 20:16 ']Seagrave lovers close your eyes[/quote]

Was this rig involved in a wreck or was it just salvaged for parts?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?