Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='RPbravest29FD' post='171381' date='Dec 14 2007, 17:37 ']Bloomingdale, NJ (Passaic County) Engine 662

E\-One pumper (sorry no other information)[/quote]

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't get a close up of the firefighter piggy on the side. Bloomingdale's local nickname is "Porktown" because in the early 20th century there were a number of pig farms, reputedly second only to Secaucus for NJ pig farming. By the 1940's the hogs were gone from both towns.

Back in 1985 when Bloomingdale FD celebrated it's 75th anniversary hosting a very rare NJ evening parade, we from neighboring Butler promised to do something to note the Porktown history. The night before we painted pigs on the pavement of the 2 mile parade route. Leading our contingent in the parade, we had somebody in a Muppet's Miss Piggy costume ride in a convertible. Our Bloomingdale friends loved it.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='RPbravest29FD' post='171520' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:36 ']Butler Engine 2 - sorry no information on this rig and I believe it has been posted before.[/quote]

That's Butler Engine 342, the Bartholdi Hose Co. 2. On each side is a portrait of the Statue of Liberty since the company and the avenue it is located on are named for Frederick Auguste Bartholid, sculptor of "The Lady in New York Harbor." Bartholdi was a personal friend of our town's nomendonor, Richard Butler, who was secretary of The American Committee for the Statue of Liberty" chaired by newspaper publisher Joseph Pulitzer; Butler is credited by many historians as being the primary person who raised the funds enabling the statue to be completed. Bartholdi Avenue and the Bartholdi Fire House are on property that was once owned by Mr Butler; the company has possesion of several rare artifacts (photographs and other documents) pertaining to the Statue of Liberty, one showing the two friends together.

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[quote name='RPbravest29FD' post='171520' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:36 ']Butler Engine 2 - sorry no information on this rig and I believe it has been posted before.[/quote]

I forgot to include that this is one of two twin 1996 E\-One Cyclones with 1500 gallon pumps and 1000 gallon tanks. Originally the two were supposed to be Sutphen's but there was a change in the chief's election prior to contract signing. There have been a number of mechanical problems with these in the past 11 years, but none with Butler's 1992 Sutphen platform. Recently bids were received for replacement of a 1985 Henrickson Darley with only two bids (Seagrave at $499,995 and Sutphen at $457,000), with the award to be made by our council this week.

[color="#000000"]Lebanon Lakes Fire & EMS (Soon to be Woodland Twp Emergency Services 1/2008)

Burlington County,NJ

Station 292/298
[/color][color="#0000ff"]

Ambulance # 2983

"Beast on the East"

1990 Medtech/International BLS

[/color]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For Rich Dean, Bloomingdales pork town pic. I took this at Franklin Lakes Ladder 342 Wetdown in 2006.    
[quote name='SeanS73' post='171998' date='Dec 16 2007, 23:32 ']For Rich Dean, Bloomingdales pork town pic. I took this at Franklin Lakes Ladder 342 Wetdown in 2006.[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=28679][/quote]

Thanks!

I don't think that this has been posted. I shot this up at the Rosenbauer plant shortly before it left for an August delivery.

Morristown NJ (Morris County) E-1

2007 Spartan Advantage/Rosenbauer General 2000/500/75A/25B Prod#2682
Here is the back end of the same rig.
Not to be confusing at all, but here are a few from Moorestown, NJ (Burlington County). Many thanks to John Axford for setting this three day shoot up for me. Also, thanks Jack (PFDBuff) for lending color commentary.

Moorestown L-3125 2004 Pierce Dash 105' Job#15558
The department was doing something to the floor where this beauty was parked. Without being asked, the FF moved out front for us.

1967 Mack C85F 750/500 Pump SN# 31819 SN#1418
Moorestown R-3119 2002 Pierce Enforcer Job#13266
E-3112 2004 Pierce Dash 1500/1000 Job#15559
Last one for now. E-3111 1993 Pierce Lance 1000/1000 Job#E8045
[quote name='photobuff6162' post='172697' date='Dec 20 2007, 10:48 ']I don't think that this has been posted. I shot this up at the Rosenbauer plant shortly before it left for an August delivery.

Morristown NJ (Morris County) E-1

2007 Spartan Advantage/Rosenbauer General 2000/500/75A/25B Prod#2682[/quote]

Protectiion for the "Military Capital of the American Revolution," a town that in 1900 had more millionaires than other place in America, and the home of the North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association new president, Vic France.

South Amboy Truck 508

Middlesex County

Atlantic COunty Haz Mat. Recently replaced, unsure if it is in reserve or awaiting another use

Ventnor City's 1981 Pirsch TDA. I believe its is now being used for firefighter training. This photo was taken at the Atlantic County Fire Academy

Atlantic County Field Comm

New Brunswick Engine 1

Middlesex County

Newark Engine 7