Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLORIDA RIGS
Most likely what she saw was a few of the (14) to be delivered Spartan/Braun rescue(ambulance) trucks that are due.I know of nothing else as far as engines, aerials, or other for future orders.
14....Wow!!! Hopefully they will be in service in March. Any idea the assignments?
Hopefully they are!! [Image: biggrin.gif]

[quote name='kammrm' date='01 January 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1262390845' post='355568']

Most likely what she saw was a few of the (14) to be delivered Spartan/Braun rescue(ambulance) trucks that are due.I know of nothing else as far as engines, aerials, or other for future orders.

[/quote]
[quote name='kammrm' date='01 January 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1262390845' post='355568']

[/quote]

I dont't know. she said they were as big as the Jupiter P.D. Command truck that is Freightliner about 40 ft. long. She drives it and said they were as big as that.
Plantation Engine-19, a 1994 Spartan Silent Knight/Ferrara 1500/500.

There were three completed Spartan/Braun ambulances for Miami-Dade sitting outside the Braun plant in Van Wert, OH today.
[quote name='firesafe91' date='12 January 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1263350323' post='358167']

There were three completed Spartan/Braun ambulances for Miami-Dade sitting outside the Braun plant in Van Wert, OH today.

[/quote]

Was the slightly different lime model there for Rescue 12 at the airport?
[quote name='unMARKedCARR' date='12 January 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1263354742' post='358185']

Was the slightly different lime model there for Rescue 12 at the airport?

[/quote]

Mark,

I found out that Rescue-12 will not be painted in the airport colors, not happy!! [Image: bitch.gif]
That sucks. I guess their current one isn't either though. Major disappointment though.
For the Broward folks...I was browsing the BSO website and it has listed that Station 27 runs a Quint? Is that right?

Alex
[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
[quote name='srq2009' date='13 January 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1263424125' post='358302']

For the Broward folks...I was browsing the BSO website and it has listed that Station 27 runs a Quint? Is that right?

Alex

[/quote]

Incorrect! They really should update their website, lol. Station-27 in West Park only houses E27, R27 & R227.
Thanks Alex!

How are things down in SoFlo? It's been a little cold, huh?
[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
[quote name='srq2009' date='13 January 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1263430216' post='358323']

Thanks Alex!

How are things down in SoFlo? It's been a little cold, huh?

[/quote]

lol, yes it has... not my type of weather, but everything is well. Yourself?
I have a question about the City of Weston. Are they a seperate department within Broward or are they part of the BSO fire department?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Quote:I have a question about the City of Weston. Are they a seperate department within Broward or are they part of the BSO fire department?

Yes!

As I recall from our visit last year, the three Weston stations (four, if the new one is open now) are integrated into the BSO dispatch/response system. The main apparatus are owned by Weston and have their paint scheme, but there were also some BSO units operating out of the same stations. I don't remember who pays the staffing, the City or the County.
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='15 January 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1263602195' post='358795']

Yes!

As I recall from our visit last year, the three Weston stations (four, if the new one is open now) are integrated into the BSO dispatch/response system. The main apparatus are owned by Weston and have their paint scheme, but there were also some BSO units operating out of the same stations. I don't remember who pays the staffing, the City or the County.

[/quote]

Weston contracts with the Sheriff for fire protection. They pay a fee for the staffing. The trucks and the fire stations are owned by the City of Weston.. When the contract is up they will go out for bid for fire protection services (staffing), or the can start their own department since they have all the infrastructure and equipment...However...I think it is very unlikely they will start their own dept.
A few weeks ago when I was in South Florida I went shooting rigs with Alex. I am not going to repeat rigs that Alex already posted. I posted some in some of the other threads. This is not a very exciting rig but here it is anyways. Its Miami-Dade's Technical Rescue Collapse Unit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the info about Weston. I am impressed with the large rescues that Florida departments operate. How many firefighter/paramedics are usually assigned to the units, say in Miami-Dade or Broward?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
On one of my buffing days without Alex I shot the Broward County (BSO)TRT USAR rig. Unfortunately I could not get it moved outside.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)