Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='gileng4' date='Feb 11 2009, 18:47 ' post='281079']

Do you have a name for the scrapyard?

[/quote

No name for the business but the guy gave me his card. James Roberts 6785 Washington Blvd Elkridge, MD (across from Duckets La) phone 410 796 2211
Also known as J&R Towing.

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6785+Washington+Blvd+Elkridge,+MD&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.502369,46.40625&ie=UTF8&ll=39.196908,-76.742656&spn=0.010543,0.022659&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=39.196852,-76.742755&panoid=AAEWBRn87h4o9dsTUPCX_w&cbp=12,138.04026229537794,,0,8.216760894882291"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...216760894882291[/url]
[Image: 26_8_1.gif]
Well we came up empty. He also gave us his card and said he'd think about selling us the parts. Better luck next time I guess.
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
I found this truck Wednesday morning sitting behind a building in southern Gastonia, NC.

Mount Holly FD Old Engine 341

1968 Chevrolet / Howe

1000 / ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I posted a bad scanned pic of this truck in my some shots by bcfd424 thread that I found. I found the truck Wednesday morning sitting in front of a construction company in eastern Gaston County.

Gastonia, NC FD Old Engine

1960(?) Duplex / Howe

Heres another shot of it.

This old tanker was at the construction company also. This is the best pic I could get of it.

Blacksburg, SC Old Tanker

[quote name='Chasselber1' post='281323' date='Feb 12 2009, 15:47 ']Well we came up empty. He also gave us his card and said he'd think about selling us the parts. Better luck next time I guess.[/quote]

Forget that jerk. Those trucks have been there for years and they will stay there until he is no longer a factor. He wanted close to $10,000 for the Ward when it was out front. I think he just likes collecting junk.
I agree, did you see the yellow/lime ALFladder truck that he also had? I think it was from Linden NJ. I was half tempted to take a midnight ride and doing some covert "snooping" but better judgement prevailed.
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
I didn't see that. I haven't felt the need to stop there for years.
Ford/Bruco Service Unit 47-81

X - Sergeantsville Vol. Fire Co., Hunterdon County, NJ

Pictured on a farm - believed its final outcome was the scrapyard.

Bill Powell - Photo

I found this old Seagrave in a junkyard outside of Denver, NC. It had Franklin VFD on the door in white letters and Engine 6 in different letters below that. I believe it may be an old Charlotte truck but I'm not sure.

1954 Seagrave 750 / ?

Here is another shot of it.

This old Ford C / E\-One had been converted into a flatbed and was sitting in the front of the same junkyard. It had Brevard County Fire Rescue on the door and a 28 on the front.

[quote name='brotherjulio' post='277659' date='Jan 29 2009, 19:38 ']let me tell you something about bootsie he'is nothing but a total a**hole everything he gets there he exports for scrap

i'm completely amazed that you got into his yard with his dogs chasing you.[/quote]

Regarding your Bootsie quote...I had no problem at all. I guess it's all in the approach.

Stay safe,

MAR
[quote name='firebuff55407' post='277557' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:38 ']If I'm reading the WLF plate correctly as #3988, Richard Gergel's listed it as being a 1955 WLF Model 59T sold to the New York State Thruway.[/quote]

Right you are, Steve...This classic was in service by the New York State Thruway Authority on I-287 at the Tappan Zee Bridge. I had heard years ago that it got burned up when the Thruway garage was torched. Seeing it in the bushes...I guess not. Where is this particular truck now? Here's a dupe of a dupe shot of it when in service. Wish I could credit the photographer, but it came into my collection a long time ago and I have no idea who did it.

Stay safe,

Mark Redman

[Image: tzbridge.jpg]
Well I found a few more relic pics in my archives so here we go. First is this old Seagrave Ladder Truck which I found in my travels a couple of years ago while on the road for my work. This truck I think may have been posted earlier in this thread. I found it sitting alongside the road just north of Kittery Point, Maine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's another shot of the Seagrave Ladder truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is this 1979 Ford C/Ward LaFrance Engine which formerly served the New Milford,PA FD. I found this truck sitting on the side of US Route 11 just outside of New Milford,PA.

Here's the serial number nameplate from the Ford C/WLF engine.