Irvington Fire Department

Irvington,NY

Boat 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Tarrytown Fire Department

Tarrytown, NY

Boat 5

Attached Files Image(s)

The above three fire boats are kept in the same marina on the Hudson River in Tarrytown,NY. Here is a picture of Marine 7 and Boat 4 with the Tappan Zee Bridge in the background.

Attached Files Image(s)

What I "didn't" see out the port window of the John J. Harvey

[Image: DSC03093.jpg]
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='unMARKedCARR' post='51314' date='Nov 15 2006, 15:47 ']Where is this fire department located and are they fairly accessible and do they cater to fire photographers? I'd love to shoot the entire department one day. Thanks for posting information on a unique department! Great posts. Mark[/quote]

The fire Department is all volunteer and is located at Smith Mtn. Lake, Va with boats docked at several different locations on the lake, which has shoreline in Franklin, Pittsylvania, and Bedord Counties. The SMLMVFD is the only marine based fire company on the lake with land based support from several fire departments around the lake in all three counties. Also on the lake is the U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary, Bedford County Sherrifs Department, and the Virginia Consevation Police (Game Wardens), here is the web site adress for the fire department [url="http://www.smlv.com/fire/smlmvfc.htm"]http://www.smlv.com/fire/smlmvfc.htm[/url]
Baltimore City, Md.

New Fireboat 1

John R.Frazier

Attached Files Image(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
Here's the New BCFD Fireboat doing there 1st water Display, after it's dedication.

Attached Files Image(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
Well now, since we are posting porthole shots...

BCFD Fire/Rescue Boats 1 & 2 as seen from the Thomas D'Alesandro:

Attached Files Image(s)

Fireboat 1 John R.Frazier also from the D'Alesandro:

Attached Files Image(s)

3/15/08- I don't know my fireboats (or apparatus, but I'm learning) but I'm pretty sure this is the John J Harvey that was going up the Hudson River past Chelsea piers. At least it looks like it compared to the other pics of it in this thread.

Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And the John McKean on 3/15/08, with Lady Liberty just off the bow.

Scott

3/15/08- Unknown FD boat on the Hudson River, possibly a Jersey boat. And I think a smaller FD boat was in front of it. Maybe someone can help ID it.

Scott

Bigger boat was probably Jersey City's new boat... The smaller could also be their zodiac...

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Chaz' post='197689' date='Mar 17 2008, 19:59 ']Bigger boat was probably Jersey City's new boat... The smaller could also be their zodiac...[/quote]

Thanks, that definitely looks like it.

Scott
Seattle's newest fireboat Leschi underway in Elliot Bay Jan 2008

Attached Files Image(s)

Another shot as she sits tied up near the Port of Seattle facility Jan 2008

Bob Lukas Photos

Attached Files Image(s)

Same location, but with the Oylmpic Mountains as a backdrop Jan 2008

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Presently a member of the fresh water fleet, the old Alki remains in service and tied up at Fire Station 3 on Salmon Bay along with Fire 1, in Jan 2008.

Attached Files Image(s)

A closer view of Fire 1, partially blocked by the Alki.

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Image(s)