Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='hfddisp6' post='198823' date='Mar 21 2008, 18:52 ']Thats a nice rig. Are they selling it or is there just no room in the station?[/quote]

Not really sure. Unfortunately, the back squad box had a variety of leaves, etc. inside so it appears that it has been sitting there awhile.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' post='198820' date='Mar 21 2008, 18:37 ']Chincoteague, Virginia's 1975 International/Ward LaFrance 1000gpm with serial number 73-104. Sitting for sale in a side yard of a home near the road that takes you to the Wallops NASA facility.

I recall the For Sale sign saying it is for sale for $2,500 (approximately - I cannot remember the exact amount) or a trade for a motorcycle.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

Man, I remember this rig from my days of vacationing down in Chincoteague as a kid in the early '80's.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
I was out and about in South Jersey today and found these sitting in the lot of a local fire apparatus dealer.

ALF Centruy from Collingswood, New Jersey, a suburb of Philadelphia in Camden County

[Image: 100_4674.jpg]

1959 ALF 900 Series from Pitman, New Jesey, another Suburban Philadelphia town in Gloucester County

[Image: 100_4675.jpg]

An old Baltimore City Ladder.

[Image: 100_4676.jpg]

Rear Shot.

[Image: 100_4677.jpg]

A 1981 Hahn, faded lettering shows it being from Colmar, Hatfield Township just outside Philadelphia in Montgomery County

[Image: 100_4678.jpg]
I think that Pitman truck was owned by someone up here in NH for awhile.
M. Johnson

Concord F.D.

Engine Co. 7
The Mighty Sevens

IAFF L-1045

truck 00 was Red Lion York PA

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
Truck 00 was on loan from Seagrave to Baltimore when they sent the two rejected rear mounts back. Didnt know the city gave it back. How long has it been there?
EPI does repairs on Baltimore Seagrave's. it might be there for that reason.
If you look close, you can see that the Pitman rig has Hew Hampshire plates.

I do not know how long the Baltimore City rig has been in that yard.
Truck 00 hasnt been there long. I just checked and the other loaner they recieved another rear mount from somewhere up in Jersey is gone as well. That Seagrave was numbered Truck 56 by Baltimore City. Both of those trucks were ran as spares. They got alot of work while they were here
Myself was out and about the other day and I came across this old beauty at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach, FL. It's lettered for the Danville, KY Fire Dept. It is a 1937 International that was rebuilt in 1976. It's now used to give rides at monster truck shows. The proceeds are given to children's charities such as Ronald McDonald House. The tractor-trailer is the rig that hauls Big Red from place to place.

Myself took these pictures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, 'restored' is an interesting term. Better than scrapped, though.
Could somebody refresh my memory on this Monster rig. As Mark said its a 1937 International, but who built the body on it? I remember somebody, maybe Dave, telling me that this was a one-of-a-kind truck. I also remember everyone seemed pretty upset when they monsterized this rig.
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Andrew, I couldn't find any plate on it stating who actually built it. And having a pump, I'm not sure it actually qualifies as a city-service ladder truck. I can imagine a lot of folk being unhappy with the monsterizing of it. It's a shame but at least it's being used for a good cause.

Myself
East Chicago Hts, IL

Int'l/?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='199766' date='Mar 25 2008, 11:56 ']She's a Central, seen here sitting next to the Ford Heights fire station.[/quote]

Steve, you gotta a year? Thanks Don
Is it still under their ownership whats the deal?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Paterson,NJ old pirsch rearmount

Attached Files Image(s)

Perth Amboy,NJ old 1987 Seagrave engine

Attached Files Image(s)

Edison's old 1988 Seagrave engine

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' post='199304' date='Mar 23 2008, 17:57 ']Myself was out and about the other day and I came across this old beauty at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach, FL. It's lettered for the Danville, KY Fire Dept. It is a 1937 International that was rebuilt in 1976. It's now used to give rides at monster truck shows. The proceeds are given to children's charities such as Ronald McDonald House. The tractor-trailer is the rig that hauls Big Red from place to place.

Myself took these pictures.[/quote]

Virginia Beach, Virginia undertook a similar 'Restoration' on one of their old Seagrave engines a few years.
Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]