Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
And last up for tonight is this Ford C/???? Tanker which formerly served the Hoffman's,NY FD as Tanker-212, also in the same junkyard.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thw Hi-Ranger belonged to Rescue Hose Co. 1 in Cheektowaga NY, I do not know the year or numbers on it, that is Dave's department. I watched that rig work on a few fires as a kid, was a nice piece.
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
The yellow Ward LaFrance marked for the Explorer post is from Niskayuna # 2 NY in Schenectady County.

The 700 Series American LaFrance is from Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory also in Schenectady County.

Hoffmans is a defunct department, it was taken over by West Glenville NY.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Found this American Lafrance at Slagles fire in Columbia, SC. At first glance I thought it was a Seagrave. I'm not sure year or model. I have never seen an ALF like this before. When I took the pic it was a Sat. and they were closed and it was behind a fence. Any Ideas?

[Image: 100_7304.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' post='280402' date='Feb 9 2009, 00:27 ']Found this American Lafrance at Slagles fire in Columbia, SC. At first glance I thought it was a Seagrave. I'm not sure year or model. I have never seen an ALF like this before. When I took the pic it was a Sat. and they were closed and it was behind a fence. Any Ideas?

[Image: 100_7304.jpg][/quote]

Just checked their website, here's the link to this truck:

[url="http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24"]http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24[/url]
[quote name='Nollie Neill Jr' post='280425' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:55 ']Just checked their website, here's the link to this truck:

[url="http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24"]http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24[/url][/quote]

I belive that this truck was used in the ABC? Movie Astroid that aired a few years back.
This tired old girl is whats left of West Monroe's ( Oswego Co. NY ) old tanker (3351) after being given to the Highway department, a flat bed and plastic tanks were added.

McLaughlin Photo

tim/csff25

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Nollie Neill Jr' post='280425' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:55 ']Just checked their website, here's the link to this truck:

[url="http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24"]http://www.slaglefire.com/full.cfm?ent=24[/url][/quote]

As the ad for this ride indicates it appears to be a Duplex (TCM) Cincy's, maybe a 300 or 350 series.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Quote:Found this American Lafrance at Slagles fire in Columbia, SC. At first glance I thought it was a Seagrave. I'm not sure year or model. I have never seen an ALF like this before.

Quote:As the ad for this ride indicates it appears to be a Duplex (TCM) Cincy's, maybe a 300 or 350 series.

This is an American LaFrance Pacemaker. I've stolen the following from the ALF Spotter's Guide:

"Based on the success of the less expensive Pioneer series, the folks at ALF went one step further

and, in 1972, introduced yet another lower cost model, the Pacemaker. The Pacemaker used the

standard ALF custom chassis, but with a cab purchased from TCM(Truck Cab Manufacturers) of

Cincinnati, OH. The Pacemaker was more expensive than a Pioneer II, but still less than a 900

Series or 1000 Series. The Pacemaker was available in all configurations and with all options,

but, due to the mass produced cab, was less costly than the full custom ALF's. The Pacemaker

remained in production at Elmira until about 1980."
Found this 70's era Seagrave TDA from Baltimore City. Reseve Truck 37. Not Ladder 49 but a close relative. She's been abused. Open cab tiller seat. The owner is willing to part with her or else she'll be scrapped. Rt. 1 Washington Blvd. & Ducketts La. in Elkridge, MD

Attached Files Image(s)

side view

Attached Files Image(s)

rear

Attached Files Image(s)

city veh # for those of you who track this. Couldn't access the drivers door

Attached Files Image(s)

Also had this Kensington FD Hahn? Used to sit out front of the place now rotting in the back. They also had a newer yellow KME he said came from Dulles Airport that is visible from the road. No pics of that one. The Seagrave and Kensington rigs can not be seen from the road

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='coolie71' post='281045' date='Feb 11 2009, 17:15 ']side view[/quote]

This truck was originally assigned to Truck 4 in Hagerstown Maryland. It was purchased by Baltimore City to run as a spare. One night Truck 15 was running her when they tried backing down a street. They heard a loud bang and the frame broke. You can see the smashed fender from where it twisted in the back. Baltimore towed it to the scrap heap. Get out your welder whoever wants this rig LOL
[quote name='coolie71' post='281051' date='Feb 11 2009, 17:20 ']Also had this Kensington FD Hahn? Used to sit out front of the place now rotting in the back. They also had a newer yellow KME he said came from Dulles Airport that is visible from the road. No pics of that one. The Seagrave and Kensington rigs can not be seen from the road[/quote]

1974 Ward LaFrance (Cincinnati cab TCM) 1000/500, 3 delivered, all rebodied in 1982 with 3D Fire Apparatus bodies, all retired by mid-90's. 1 went to NE PA, this is obviously 1 of the 2 that didn't.

1993 photo by me of one in healthier days

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='coolie71' post='281042' date='Feb 11 2009, 17:11 ']Found this 70's era Seagrave TDA from Baltimore City. Reseve Truck 37. Not Ladder 49 but a close relative. She's been abused. Open cab tiller seat. The owner is willing to part with her or else she'll be scrapped. Rt. 1 Washington Blvd. & Ducketts La. in Elkridge, MD[/quote]

Do you have a name for the scrapyard?
I went by that junkyard the other day when I was in Elkridge. It isn't a KME that is out front though, it is a Pierce. We made a couple trips past to see who's it was.
I'll be going there tomorrow to see if I can salvage any parts for my Ward and my buddy's 66 IH
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='281058' date='Feb 11 2009, 17:40 ']1974 Ward LaFrance (Cincinnati cab TCM) 1000/500, 3 delivered, all rebodied in 1982 with 3D Fire Apparatus bodies, all retired by mid-90's. 1 went to NE PA, this is obviously 1 of the 2 that didn't.

1993 photo by me of one in healthier days[/quote]the kensington rig that was mentioned that went to NE PA was sold to the pond hill lily lake fire co in luzerne county

it has since been sold to spencers auto parts in salem twp,pa