• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Scott,

The Muir Fire Co. is actually located in Schuylkill County, PA. I'm pretty sure that both of those units have been retired.
I could swear that muir had that chevy 2 years ago when I was there. didnt shoot it though...
Mike,

You are probably correct that it was there two years ago because that is about the last time I saw it. I'm pretty sure that it left when they got their newest rig.
[quote name='ur second in' post='203853' date='Apr 9 2008, 21:36 ']this unit now runs as tanker 4 in Lower King and Queen Volunteer Fire Department.[/quote]

Here it is in 2003.

[quote name='Shoop' post='203987' date='Apr 10 2008, 17:08 ']Scott,

The Muir Fire Co. is actually located in Schuylkill County, PA. I'm pretty sure that both of those units have been retired.[/quote]

wrong pat, they still use the chevrolet tanker, muir is 1 of 5 depts in porter twp in schuylkill county pa
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='Fire175' post='204137' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:07 ']Here it is in 2003.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=32394][/quote]

thanks for posting the Pic John.
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

I had the opportunity today to spend part of my day in Leesburg, Virginia (the heart of Loudoun County) and get updated on a variety of apparatus. I will start off at the Training Center, located near the Leesburg airport.

I will start by posting some apparatus photos that I took last year to get you caught up on the Training Center roster. Loudoun County has on order for the Training Center two new Pierce engines and a Pierce ladder truck. Obviously, when those arrive, there will be a bit of change of the apparatus now at the Training Center.

First up is Engine 96, a 1988 International 4800/KME 1250/1000 with serial number 568229. This engine originally ran at Neersville, Station 16 in Loudoun County.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Two old Sterling engines are also on the Training Center roster.

Engine 97 is a 1984 Pierce Arrow that was rehabed in 1992 by Pierce to include the extension of a four door cab. It is a 1500/750 with job number E2365. It ran as Engine 18 in Sterling.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Engine 98 at the Training Center is very similar to Engine 97 and previously ran as Engine 11 at Sterling.

It is a 1985 Pierce Arrow that was rehabed in 1989 by Pierce, which also included the four door cab. 1500/750 with Pierce job number E2746.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA