Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Jesse Shutt

Fisherville Volunteer Fire Company #1 (Dauphin Company 216)

Upper Dauphin County Emergency Medical Services (Dauphin Company 6)

Past President Dauphin County Volunteer Firemen's Association

Upper Dauphin County Fire Historian
The Penn boro piece is in front of the new Loydsville fire hall after the fir that deystroyed the old one late 80,s if I am correct. Penn still has this piece and is the very proud owner.
Quote:The Spring Mill FD of Whitemarsh Township, PA ran this PemFab/E-1 squrt. No info available here.

1500/500/55' Stratospear
Scott,

Great shots - keep them coming !

Answers to some of your questions:

Cardington-Stonehurst

1975 American LaFrance Pacemaker, Cincinnati canopy cab, 1500/500, 54 ft articulating squirt, Cincinnati cab, 6V-71 Detroit diesel, 5 speed manual transmission, extensive diamond plate added to cab sides and front an repainted in 1992. Sold in 1996 to the Hancock Fire Company-Norristown (Montgomery County, PA). Sold in 9/05 in an auction to a private individual for $400 who in turn sold it on E-Bay. By 2007, seen sitting outside of Beaverdale (Northumbland County, PA), stripped. The pump blew, was scrapped.

Moyomensing

1940 GMC/?, semi-cab, enclosed walk-in rescue box. It was given to the Moyamensing Juniors by the Franklin Fire Company -Chester City (Delaware County) in 1961 to be used as a canteen unit.

From Al Powell’s files:

Pennsburg

1948 Seagrave, semi-cab conv., quint, 750/200, 65 ft midmount steel aerial ladder, in 1968 purchased from Lansdale (Montgomery County, PA.) for $14,005, in 1983 sold to Chuck Buschardt-Seagrave collector in Bellaire,TX

Spring Mill

1982 PemFab/Emergency One, Cincinnati canopy cab, 1500/500, 55 ft Tele-Squrt, $210,000, low profile cab, delvd 12-27-82, Detroit 8V-1N diesel, Allison HT-740 auto trans, 6 KW Onan air-cooled diesel generator, sales order no.2727, Hale QSMF-0150 pump, 190 in.WB, Stratospear telescoping boom, in 2000 carried 1200 ft 5 in.hose, -sold to dealer in NV-left 1-15-01-re-sold to Storey County FD-Virginia City,NV-to be repainted blue and used as first out unit

Yardley

1955 Amer LaFr, 775-PJC-H, canopy cab, 750/?, reversed standard body, rubber gasket around front windshield, first of this model built, reg.no.L-5195, delvd 2-55, Amer LaFr J motor

Croyden

1940 Holabird/USA, open-cab conv., 750 gpm, model BF750, military surplus, original water tank was 150 gal with hose basket on body top over pump, dual real wheels, 105 HP 6 cylinder Continental gas motor, rounded rear fenders, one piece radiator had letters USA cast in front, chrome handrail fitted to entire motor cowl, no windshield, built by U.S.Army at Camp Holabird,MD for military use, converted home-heating fuel tank placed in hose bed to increase water carrying capacity, in 1970s designated as field piece, in 1982 offered for sale-sold to Jack’s Marine-Croydon, one of about 100 built.

Mohton

1951 Amer LaFr, 775-PEO Invader, semi-cab, 750/500, foamite porportioner, floodlights, portable pump, delvd 5-9-51, in 1977 sold to JLG Industries McConnellsburg (Fulton County, PA.), later sold to private collector, in 1996 owned by The Fire Protection Society of Oklahoma State University-used for parades and promotional activities, reg.no.9244, shipped 5-9-51.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
It wasn't the war effort that motivated the US Army to build their own fire apparatus, it was cost savings and stadardization. Here's a link to a site that has more info on the Fort Holabird, MD built USA fire apparatus:

[url="http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/G.html"]http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/G.html[/url]
[quote name='Rescue131' post='210299' date='May 2 2008, 10:14 ']It wasn't the war effort that motivated the US Army to build their own fire apparatus, it was cost savings and stadardization. Here's a link to a site that has more info on the Fort Holabird, MD built USA fire apparatus:

[url="http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/G.html"]http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/G.html[/url][/quote]

Rescue131, Where in Bmore was this Fort Holabird???? And is the bldg still there??
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='209001' date='Apr 26 2008, 18:53 ']this isn't the rig that was for sale outside the farm hall. the rig that is for sale is their 1986 CF/Ward 79. the pic above is of their 1976 CF that was refurbed in 1986 by Ward 79. the rig pictured was sold several years ago to a private owner when they got their American La France Eagle pumper.[/quote]

My info says that this was a 1986 Swab refurb, and it was sold to Coaldale.

The second Western Salisbury 1985 Mack CF I have down as the Body being built by Ward 79.

My info comes from when I photographed them, the same time Lou Kelter did. That was back in early 90's?
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='dcfdtech' post='210502' date='May 2 2008, 23:43 ']Rescue131, Where in Bmore was this Fort Holabird???? And is the bldg still there??[/quote]

Ft. Holabird was on the East side of Baltimore, near Dundalk. It was shut down in the mid 1970's except for a few small buildings that were used by the Army's C.I.D. up until about 5 or six years ago when that group relocated to Ft. Meade. Most of what was once Ft. Holabird is now an industrial park, however if you drive through the area you can see some of the old apartment buildings that once were a part of enlisted housing are still standing and have been sold off and now are run as a private apartment complex. Also there was a VFW that occupied one of the old service clubs and pool on what used to be the base, but I'm not sure if that is still open or not.
The old officers service club is indeed still in use as a Vietnam Veterns Association. Here is a link to a local attorney's blog site that has some info on Fort Holabird, MD:

[url="http://www.hughcox.com/blawg.htm"]http://www.hughcox.com/blawg.htm[/url]

Here is a link toe the group that occupies the building at Fort Holabird:

[url="http://www.vva451.org/"]http://www.vva451.org/[/url]
The info that Scott and I provided is correct.

The rig pictured is Western Salisbury Engine 31-12. That rig is a 1976 Mack CF with a 1986 Ward La France refurb. it was later sold to a private collector when they got their 1998 ALF/EEI. It had Mack serial # CF685F10-1846

The rig that Western Salisbury had for sale at the show is their 1986 Mack CF/Ward 79. which is Engine 31-11 It has Mack serial # CF688FC-1125

The rig that Coaldale has is formerly Eastern Salisbury, PA. It is a 1979 Mack CF with a 1989 Swab rehab, and has Mack serial # CF686F10-1310

3 different rigs....

[quote name='truck1882' post='210523' date='May 3 2008, 06:45 ']My info says that this was a 1986 Swab refurb, and it was sold to Coaldale.

The second Western Salisbury 1985 Mack CF I have down as the Body being built by Ward 79.

My info comes from when I photographed them, the same time Lou Kelter did. That was back in early 90's?[/quote]

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='210541' date='May 3 2008, 09:17 ']The info that Scott and I provided is correct.

The rig pictured is Western Salisbury Engine 31-12. That rig is a 1976 Mack CF with a 1986 Ward La France refurb. it was later sold to a private collector when they got their 1998 ALF/EEI. It had Mack serial # CF685F10-1846

The rig that Western Salisbury had for sale at the show is their 1986 Mack CF/Ward 79. which is Engine 31-11 It has Mack serial # CF688FC-1125

The rig that Coaldale has is formerly Eastern Salisbury, PA. It is a 1979 Mack CF with a 1989 Swab rehab, and has Mack serial # CF686F10-1310

3 different rigs....[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying that, My boo boo on the Eastern/Western Salisbury. Bowing to your Awesome apparatus knowledge. hehehe Thanks
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Rescue131,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the Holabird Fire Apparatus and the Fort.
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)