Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Those are great recoveries Scott, of pieces some of us might not have ever seen otherwise. Thanks!
[quote name='feuerwehr75' post='212136' date='May 8 2008, 18:00 ']ExTongueikesville Fire Company, Baltimore County, MD, to Southern Chester County Rescue Squad, then to Longwood Fire Company. Thanks for posting, Scott![/quote]

Than after Longwood onto Cochranville, Pa Fire Department who has just sold it to the Cherryhill Township Fire Department in Indiana County, Pa... that rescue truck has done some traveling!!!

Dave Fritz
[quote name='Rheems1' post='212161' date='May 8 2008, 18:35 ']Than after Longwood onto Cochranville, Pa Fire Department who has just sold it to the Cherryhill Township Fire Department in Indiana County, Pa... that rescue truck has done some traveling!!!

Dave Fritz[/quote]

Pikesville misses that rig. They are in the process of selling the squad that replaced the Pete with a new Amerian La France.
Dave,

Cherryhill Twp. in Indiana County has just recently put the Peterbilt rescue up for sale as well. I think they received a grant for a new rescue. I wonder what station it will go to next??
Scott,

Additional info on your fine posts:

Westwood

1937 American LaFrance, Type 450 RB, open cab, 500/100, reg. no. L-880, shipped 6/23/37, sales order no. 1223, housed on 7/17/37 at a cost of $7,100 by the Brandywine Fire Company-Coatesville City (Chester County, PA), sold to the Westwood in 1960. The company still owns it as of 2005, dumped $80,000 into the restoration of it.

Stevens

1925 Hale Type-4, open cab, 400 GPM, Job# 922, pump #911, delivered 4/12/25 at a cost of $6,061. The pump was upgraded to a 500 GPM in 1939. Had 60 gallon water tank in 1948. It was sold to Vinemont Fire Company (Berks County) on 8/25/51. It was retired in 1960. In 1991 it was owned by Bob Long of Allentown, Pa.

Florin

1950 White COE, 3000 series, full cab, open compartmented squad truck, 800 gallon water tank, in 5/59 purchased used from Citizen’s Hose Company of New Cumberland, (Cumberland County, PA), in 9/69 converted to a 1350 gallon tanker with help of John H.Lutz.

Longwood

1979 Peterbilt/Swab, full cab, custom enclosed walk-in rescue. It was given to the fire company on 4/23/93 by the Southern Chester County Rescue Association when it disbanded. SCCRA purchased it used in 1990 from the Pikesville Fire Company (Baltimore County, Maryland), who referred it as the "Pete Squad". It has a Detroit 6V92TA diesel, automatic transmission, front and rear 10-to hydraulic winches, 15 Kw Onan gas generator, a front mounted 5-ton A frame, and a 4 bottle 6000 lb. cascade. It was repainted RW in September of 1993 by Swab for $8,000, Model HDR-20, serial no. 4007, delivered 11/80. It was sold to Cochranville (Chester County, PA) in late 1998 for $8,000. Placed into service on 6/14/99 as Rescue-27. Motor replaced in 2001. Replaced and sold in 2006 to Cherry Hill Twp. (Indiana County). For slae by them in 2008

From Al Powell’s files:

Montgomery of Norristown

1926 Seagrave, 500 gpm, serial no.44690, painted 5-15-26 Town Car Blue, replaced old Boyd, rounded hood model, on 1-29-35 rehab completed by Seagrave-converted to pneumatic tires, flat one piece windshield, disc wheels, right-hand drive, single booster reel on top, in 1991 purchased by Jim Rice-Coatesville from Dr.Brent Follweiler who purchased from farmer, had been sitting out in weather for about 8 years-used for irrigation pumping-paint was badly faded when purchased-motor in good condition-1927 Seagrave from Humane was with it, Follweiler purchased both and consolidated parts to get this one operational, seen 6-11-94 painted blue-no striping or lettering-some chrome in need of replating-some equipt remained on it while on the farm-original wooden ladder-sealed and re-varished

Volunteer Medical Service Corps of Lansdale

Dodge Power Wagon, 4-door conv.cab, compartmented walk-around rescue body, purchased used, extended bumper with center winch, in 9-77 in service, dual rear wheels, large numeral 8 on front, sold to Silver Spring in 1984 ?
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Scott (tascman), your photos are one of the main reasons I check out this website.

The quality is stunning.

Keep the relics coming!

Brandon
Need help please. Can anyone give me anything on this Ford C from Goodwill of Myerstown?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='taurudak' post='216456' date='May 25 2008, 17:34 ']Need help please. Can anyone give me anything on this Ford C from Goodwill of Myerstown?[/quote]

It appears to have a Hamerly body.
Bruce, Dave, Scott,

I stopped at Cherryhill Twp. in Indiana County the other day on a road trip home hoping to get pictures of the Peterbilt/Swab rescue. I found out that they were not the owners of it, and that Cherry Tree FD also in Indiana County were the ones who had purchased it. It is still currently for sale, but Cherry Tree has not purchased anything to replace it. Hopefully here in the near future I can get a picture of it.
[quote name='taurudak' post='216456' date='May 25 2008, 17:34 ']Need help please. Can anyone give me anything on this Ford C from Goodwill of Myerstown?[/quote]

How did I miss this??!! Here is the information:

1976 Ford C/Hamerly Pumper

1,000 gpm pump

750 gallons of water

I am work and don't have the Hamerly build number... but I can post it when I get home if you want.

Dave Fritz
a couple of oldies i got at Kutztown's parade

Cetronia 50's Maxim stil fire co owned

Orefield 1955 Dodge Howe supposedly privately owned
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

Wyomissing 1947 Mack L
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa