Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
Midland Park FD shows up after Oradell and Haworth's Foam attack at Waldwick:

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, that's a surprise! Midland Park rarely goes anywhere like that. Guess I should have gone there after the parade and not bothered with Bogota. Just one of the "joys" of having too many things ganged up on the same day.
[quote name='AndyC3J' post='221832' date='Jun 15 2008, 15:15 ']Wow, that's a surprise! Midland Park rarely goes anywhere like that. Guess I should have gone there after the parade and not bothered with Bogota. Just one of the "joys" of having too many things ganged up on the same day.[/quote]

Yep Andy. I live in the town and I never see them at any Wetdown! This is the first time I ever have seen them at a wetdown! I'll post more pics tomorrow.
Franklin, NJ

2008 Sutphen

2000/1000

E-263

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Wilmington, NJ

2008 Int'l/Horton

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='MG3610' post='218281' date='Jun 1 2008, 20:34 ']An old Snorkel in Scotch Plains hidden behind alot of plants at a garden center on Terrill Rd. Saw it on Friday, but didnt get to see much in the drive by. Looked like it might have been an old Hendrickson/Pierce?[/quote]

It's actually in Plainfield and it is in fact an old Baltimore City rig. Completely surrounded by tall bushes. Impossible to get any details such as serial numbers or builder's plate. I will post photos later tonight.
[quote name='The Commish' post='222587' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:38 ']Wilmington, NJ

2008 Int'l/Horton

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

this one I believe is Wilmington, NY.
[quote name='NJMedic' post='222606' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:12 ']It's actually in Plainfield and it is in fact an old Baltimore City rig. Completely surrounded by tall bushes. Impossible to get any details such as serial numbers or builder's plate. I will post photos later tonight.[/quote]

These are the photos I took today of Balto's 1979 Pierce. All the scrubs are potted and I have no clue why they have arranged them like that. I almost drove by before I even noticed the truck hidden behind all the green. I tried to find the owner of the Garden Center but no one spoke English and they didn't appear too keen on speaking to someone in uniform. I had no luck finding any evidence of who had the apparatus until I notice the outline of the removed "Baltimore City Fire Department" on the upper boom. It was barely visible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This was about as close as I could get

Thats such a damn shame. That thing needs to be rescued. NJ Rescue Taskforce 1 anyone? LOL
Until I saw the faded outline on the boom I thought this might aid in ID this unit

Final Shot

That would be the 1979? Pierce Hendricson snorkle that BCFD owned. It was used as Truck 51 in the movie Ladder 49 after the movie it was disposed of.
Ringwood, NJ

2007 American LaFrance

2000/2000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Ringwood, NJ

Pierce Heavy Rescue

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a new one on Me, Sutphen and Super-Vac Teaming up?

2008 Sutphen/SVI

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='The Commish' post='225020' date='Jun 28 2008, 19:56 ']This is a new one on Me, Sutphen and Super-Vac Teaming up?

2008 Sutphen/SVI

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

There have actually been a number of Sutphen/SVI rigs delivered. I believe I was once told about 20-25?
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Ringwood, NJ

Pierce/Dash

1500/750

E-241

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Ringwood, NJ

Pierce/Lance

1500/1000