Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles County Fire Dept
Door Seal from the Mack

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='222178' date='Jun 16 2008, 17:56 ']Antique Mack[/quote]

Nice Mack. Doe anyone know what year it is?
[quote name='thom2943' post='222201' date='Jun 16 2008, 19:21 ']Nice Mack. Doe anyone know what year it is?[/quote]

Sorry it was being used to ferry around people so I wasn't able to crawl around it for the builders plate. If I am lucky I might see it again at the LA County Fire Museum open house
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='thom2943' post='222201' date='Jun 16 2008, 19:21 ']Nice Mack. Doe anyone know what year it is?[/quote]

Just happened to look at the plate on the pump panel. It states a delivery date of 10/8/56. Mack Chassis No. B125F-1015.

Hope that helps,
it is original to Pomona.
LAC Panel Van. Odd piece really.

Attached Files Image(s)

WT 129 spraying water.

Attached Files Image(s)

Out the side

Attached Files Image(s)

Reserve/Training Engine 602

Attached Files Image(s)

LA County Engines...

Engine 5166 or 5118 aka the FDNY Tribute Engine

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='JFong' post='236275' date='Aug 5 2008, 22:01 ']Engine 5166 or 5118 aka the FDNY Tribute Engine[/quote]

And this rig becomes Engine 189 at the LA County Fair almost every year.......
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='236365' date='Aug 6 2008, 07:36 ']And this rig becomes Engine 189 at the LA County Fair almost every year.......[/quote]

Question: When that rig or any other rig is assigned to the county fair, do they have a station there that they temporarily put in service or are the guys based out of a module trailer or something similiar ?

thanks in advance ! TheCity
[quote name='thecity' post='236370' date='Aug 6 2008, 08:21 ']Question: When that rig or any other rig is assigned to the county fair, do they have a station there that they temporarily put in service or are the guys based out of a module trailer or something similiar ?

thanks in advance ! TheCity[/quote]

City,

There is a perm. station on the fairgrounds. I have seen a picture of the station but don't have a copy of it to post. If you google "Los Angeles County Fire Station 189", the first result is the city of Pomona's fire page and it shows FS189 w/a Mack in the app bay.

Hope that helps,
[quote name='casey' post='236413' date='Aug 6 2008, 14:01 ']City,

There is a perm. station on the fairgrounds. I have seen a picture of the station but don't have a copy of it to post. If you google "Los Angeles County Fire Station 189", the first result is the city of Pomona's fire page and it shows FS189 w/a Mack in the app bay.

Hope that helps,[/quote]

They also have a "PATROL" unit there. It is a golfcart on steriods! I know there are compartments for EMS supplies - IT might carry water and pump. I know it has room for 2 members and is painted and even carries lights and a siren!
Lifeguard...

[quote name='azslogan' post='239847' date='Aug 19 2008, 14:31 ']Lifeguard...[/quote]

Got any shots of the pick ups that are used to transport since the SUVs were placed in service???
Sorry no, there were only SUV's on this stretch of beach.
[quote name='azslogan' post='235347' date='Aug 2 2008, 23:58 ']LA County Engines...[/quote]

Engine 216 has been renumbered back to Engine 9. This is in honor of FFS Jimmy Howe, who died as a result of a fire in 1991.
[Image: Picture028_edited.jpg]

LA County Quint 187. Photo by Monrovia1.