Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Norwood Squad 2

2007 International/E-One 1250/750/30F

Walpole Engine 6

2002 International/KME 1500/1800

I just got back from the Manchester-By-the-Sea 4th parade. Looked like the rain was going to hold out and just when it started, it poured for about 10 minutes and stopped. Here are a few shots I managed to get in before the parade started.

First was Manchesters 1965 Ford-Farrar. Still in service and used for brush fires.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next,

Rockport 1941 Ford (Wood Engineering?) Forest Fire. Also still in service and always wins "Oldest in Service" trophy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Massachusetts DCR forest fire rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

Essex, MA

2007 Ferrara (I think), they took delivery in May and it had its first house fire last week with three lines run.

Attached Files Image(s)

Georgetown, MA

Ferrara aerial

They were behind me and thanked me at the end of the parade. When I got hit with the first round of Silly String, I stopped the truck (therefore stopping the parade) took my time wiping it off and in front of about 100 people asked the kids to please not spray the vehicles. They told me afterward that they knew as least they wouldnt get sprayed if I kept stopping to do the parents job for them. Damn silly string sucks!!

Attached Files Image(s)

I might add that there was a good showing of Ferrara - Byfield had a pump there but I didnt get a photo.

Up next is Wenham's Sutphen quint

Attached Files Image(s)

Lastly Ray Pitts Wakefield Mack with relatively new paint job.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's why Mobile AL, will give you aticket if you use Silly String at Mardi Gras Parade.
Thanks Howie! 'Preciate it!

Essex and Byfield both have Ferrara Intruder 2's.

Byfield ordered and took delivery of theirs inside the time that our aerial was being built.

Essex replaced their 2nd Continental with theirs this April/May.

rr...
[quote name='Howie' post='226638' date='Jul 4 2008, 14:16 ']Essex, MA

2007 Ferrara (I think), they took delivery in May and it had its first house fire last week with three lines run.[/quote]

H-3832

Chassis: Ferrara Inferno Custom Chassis

Body Type: Heavy Duty Extruded Aluminum

Engine: Cummins ISC-330, 330 HP

Transmission: Allison 3000 EV Automatic

Pump: Hale QFLO, Single Stage, 1250 Gals

Tank: Water 1000 Gals, 30 Gals Foam

Before stripping and lettering info on Ferrara site
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
[quote name='Howie' post='226635' date='Jul 4 2008, 13:13 ']I just got back from the Manchester-By-the-Sea 4th parade. Looked like the rain was going to hold out and just when it started, it poured for about 10 minutes and stopped. Here are a few shots I managed to get in before the parade started.

First was Manchesters 1965 Ford-Farrar. Still in service and used for brush fires.[/quote]

Howie - I think this is a 65 Chevy K30 and not a Ford. Thanks for the photo. A.J.
A.J.Ramming
any pics of the C model Mack behind Wenham's Sutphen?
Quote:Howie - I think this is a 65 Chevy K30 and not a Ford. Thanks for the photo

Thats twice in 48 hours you've got me. Sorry, I was just rushing. I should know, I drove this truck for four years.
Double Post

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't think these have been posted yet

Nahants New Squad 31 Replaces a Ford Explorer

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=35527]

R-35 Special Operations Carry's Ocean Rescue Gear Replaces an ex Military Ambulance

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=35528]
[quote name='wagon70' post='227300' date='Jul 6 2008, 11:49 ']R-35 Special Operations Carry's Ocean Rescue Gear Replaces an ex Military Ambulance

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=35528][/quote]

Wasn't the former Spec Ops rig lettered for Nahant PD? Or did/do they have one of their own?
[quote name='Mack505' post='227505' date='Jul 6 2008, 20:46 ']Wasn't the former Spec Ops rig lettered for Nahant PD? Or did/do they have one of their own?[/quote]

I believe it was just labled ocean rescue but it was run by the PD the FD has since taken it over.
[quote name='MLFD911' post='227513' date='Jul 6 2008, 22:19 ']I believe it was just labled ocean rescue but it was run by the PD the FD has since taken it over.[/quote]

Aha. I just remember it being blue and white and parked at the PD. Makes sense.