Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Any of you GA guys have photos of the GA Forestry rigs?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Any of you GA guys have photos of the GA Forestry rigs?

Do you mean the rigs operated by GA Forestry or the apparatus they've built that are operated by various FD's around the State?
Operated by preferably.... but wouldn't mine seeing some built by them too.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Operated by preferably.... but wouldn't mine seeing some built by them too.

Obviously you are not familiar with the way they do things down here! Since I don't want to hijack Mark's thread, I'll explain everything and post the pics in a new thread. I dug through my Georgia stuff and found over 35 rigs to post.
Not too much exciting but here's a shot of a Georgia Forestry 2008 International hauler with a 2009 John Deere 450J tractor-plow. It's sporting the new graphics adopted by GA Forestry.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And, I had to work for this one. I actually washed and waxed this one, and degreased the wheels too. It's Union County, GA's Engine 4, a 1980 Chevrolet C70 built by FMC. It has a 1000 gpm pump and a 1000 gwt. As luck would have it, we took it out for training that night and then it started raining on it. Oh well, it looked good for a while anyway.

Mark Carr photo

Out and about today in Union County, GA, I was able to get a few more photos of some of our trucks. First up is Tanker 8, a 1981 Ford F700-GA Forestry 140/900 rig numbered Tanker 12. I'm not positive about the pump and tank size. Feel free to chime in if you know.

Mark Carr photo

And the last photo today of a rig that I didn't have before is Engine 8, a 1981 Ford F700/FMC Bean 1000/1000 bearing SO#8349, Ex-Pauldin County, GA

Mark Carr photo

Well, enough of that Georgia stuff, back down to Palm Beach County, FL we go. Needed to update some apparatus photos for the department's website's Station & Apparatus Gallery at www.pbcfr.org so I took advantage of the time. Weather isn't all that great but I had to get what I could get. Here they are. First up is 3 of the 4 new Sutphens, a first for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue. Engine 33 is a 2006 Sutphen Monarch 1500/750/20F pumper bearing #HS-4678.

Mark Carr photo

Next up is Engine 53 in unincorporated Boca Raton. It's the same as Engine 33 but bears HS#4679.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 74 is just a tad bit different than the other 3 new Sutphens. This one, protecting the rural and isolated area of South Bay, FL has a 1000 gallon water tank instead of 750. It's the only pumper ordered by the department with this size water tank. It bears HS#4681.

Mark Carr photo

As Brush 74, the department has this old 1993 International/Ferrara 500/750 rig. It is formerly Brush 34.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 53 is in this 2005 Freightliner M2/Medic-Master rig.

Mark Carr photo

On October 1st of 2009, Lake Worth, FL Fire Dept. merged into Palm Beach County Fire Rescue. Their trucks have finally been relettered. First up is Engine 91, formerly Lake Worth Engine 1, a 2002 Pierce Contender 1250/750 pumper bearing GSO#3178738.

Mark Carr photo

Lake Worth's Engine 2 is now Palm Beach County Engine 93. It's also a 2002 Pierce Contender 1250/750 and bears GSO#4741240.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 91 is a 2006 International/MedTec rig.

Mark Carr photo

Palm Beach County also absorbed the fire department from the Village of Palm Springs on October 1, 2009. They are currently using older Palm Beach County rigs. Engine 39 is a 2000 Freightliner FL80/Ferrara 1250/750/15F pumper bearing #H-1843.

Mark Carr photo

And Rescue 39 is running a 2000 Freightliner FL60/Medic-Master rig.

Mark Carr photo

Last up for today is this Mobile Command Post from the Boca Raton, FL Fire Dept. I don't know what year or make the unit is so if any of you do know, please let me know.

Sorry about the dark photos; I'm not happy 'bout them either but I guess they're better than nothing.

Mark Carr photo

Mark,

Boca Raton took delivery of two new sutphen engines. They are very sharp looking in the new color scheme. 1 of them went to Engine 2, not sure about the other. Photos on Sutphens website. Also Boynton took delivery of their second Sutphen Mini Ladder. Figured I'd give ya heads up incase ya didn't know about them.