Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
A member of LRFD recently purchased a 1970 Crown Firecoach from the Marysvile FD. It originally served as Engine 12 with Fire District 2, Spokane, WA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

BTW, although they have not yet made the offical announcement on their web site, [url="http://www.lastresortfd.org/"]http://www.lastresortfd.org/[/url] , the LRFD has moved some of it rigs into the former quarters of E10 and L1, located at 301 2nd Ave South, in the Pioneer Area of downtown Seattle, and it looks like a Seattle Fire Museum will finally be established. The combined collection of rare and one of a kind rigs and other related memorabilia from LRFD and SFD will be quite impressive.

Also, most of LRFD's museum pieces will be displayed outdoors at the July 12, 2008, at the Pioneer Squre Fire Festival, located around the corner and down the block from the old fire station 10. www.pioneersquare.org
The Last Resort Fire Department is putting on a major show this weekend at the 2008 Seattle Fire Festival. The former Fire Station 10 is now the home of the SFD fire museum.

Attached Files Image(s)

They're filling up the bays.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another shot of the 1958 Mack B-21 1500 X 200

324 HP Hall-Scott engine. This rig is equipped with extended hood and radiator grill to accommodate this extra large engine.

S/N B21F 1007 SFD Serial number 247

Attached Files Image(s)

1931 Seagave 100 ft, with 297.8 HP V-12 engine. SFD shop number 131.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='225169' date='Jun 29 2008, 13:06 ']The Last Resort Fire Department participated at the Issaquah Car show this weekend. One of the rigs they brought, a former Seattle Fire Department, one of a kind, 1969 Kenworth-Maxum 100' TDA. Heiser added the compatments in Seattle after the trackors completed the round trip to and from the Maxim plant in Middleboro Massachusetts. This is the only one of two, purchased by SFD to survive.[/quote]

Hey! I was there that day! But I just looked at the rigs then left cuz it was way too hot that day.
[quote name='Denis(dfuzz78)' post='228748' date='Jul 12 2008, 06:42 ']Hey! I was there that day! But I just looked at the rigs then left cuz it was way too hot that day.[/quote]

It was much cooler in Seattle at todays event. BTW, here is a better shot of Truck 1, I took today, at a different angle, that wasn't available last night.

Attached Files Image(s)

And another, ready to respond

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 14 backing into it's slot at the 2008 Seattle Fire Festival

1907 ALF Metropolitan 700 GPM Steamer

1916 Seagrave tracktor

One more...

1946 Kenworth. Former SFD, was prchased from Seattle City Light, Newhalem, WA and restore by a member of the Last Resort Fire Department in Nov 2001.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 7 was running with a spare, Spartan LTI. Anyone have a year for this rig. It's close to the four rear mounts SFD purchased in 1988, but the light bars were parallel then.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='233634' date='Jul 28 2008, 17:53 ']Ladder 7 was running with a spare, Spartan LTI. Anyone have a year for this rig. It's close to the four rear mounts SFD purchased in 1988, but the light bars were parallel then.[/quote]

It's one of the '88s. The shops replaced the light bars at some point. The spot in the middle of the cab where the electronic siren speaker is used to have a Q2B as well.
[quote name='Bryce' post='233652' date='Jul 28 2008, 18:54 ']It's one of the '88s. The shops replaced the light bars at some point. The spot in the middle of the cab where the electronic siren speaker is used to have a Q2B as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Never would nave guessed it was a shops refurb. I'll take the more classic appearance of the reserve rear mount over the '95 Simon Duplex front line rig anyday. Both L7 and L11 are the oldest front line rear mounts in the fleet.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='238639' date='Aug 15 2008, 08:34 ']Thanks for the info. Never would nave guessed it was a shops refurb. I'll take the more classic appearance of the reserve rear mount over the '95 Simon Duplex front line rig anyday. Both L7 and L11 are the oldest front line rear mounts in the fleet.[/quote]

I am curious. I understood Seattle had three 1992 Spartan/LTI 100' (or so) aerials. I thought one was still in service with Ladder 3. Is this not a 1992 vehicle?

[Image: seattle_ladder3-02-400.jpg]
Brian Birmingham

[url="http://www.bbirmingham.com"]bbirmingham.com[/url]
Brian's probably right. I don't think anything but the '92s and 88s would fit into Ladder 3's station. I'm sure this problem will end when their new station is built in the next few years.

Quote:I am curious. I understood Seattle had three 1992 Spartan/LTI 100' (or so) aerials. I thought one was still in service with Ladder 3. Is this not a 1992 vehicle?
[Image: seattle_ladder3-02-400.jpg]

You are correct about the photo. Ladder 3 and 8 both had 1992 Spartan LTI rigs until they were upgraded last year with 2007 Spartan Crimson rear mount trucks. The oldest tillered trucks belong to ladders 4 and 10. Both units are assigned 1994 Simon Duplex - LTI 100' TDA's. There could be another 1992 Spartan/LTI rear mount around, possibly used as a reserve ladder, but I'm not aware of one.
[quote name='Bryce' post='238773' date='Aug 15 2008, 19:05 ']Brian's probably right. I don't think anything but the '92s and 88s would fit into Ladder 3's station. I'm sure this problem will end when their new station is built in the next few years.[/quote]

I was told both Ladder 3 and 8 were upgraded last year but I have not verified Ladder 3's rig. I must venture into the hood to check this out.
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='238777' date='Aug 15 2008, 19:32 ']I was told both Ladder 3 and 8 were upgraded last year but I have not verified Ladder 3's rig. I must venture into the hood to check this out.[/quote]

Here is a picture of Fire Station 6 with Ladder 3's 1992 Spartan/LTI clearly visable. Sorry for the misinformation that I posted earlier. Nuf said, I must go now, for I must attend to the Crow Casserole which is cooking in my oven............. I must remember to TRUST, but VERIFY

Attached Files Image(s)