Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[quote name='tk1sq' post='246381' date='Sep 12 2008, 15:02 ']Great pic!! What is the ground ladder compliment on the Ladders, and who makes the wood ladders for LA.[/quote]

Wooden ladders are made by Alaco
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
I thought LA made all the ladders in house at the shops?
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
[quote name='Chasselber1' post='246386' date='Sep 12 2008, 15:53 ']I thought LA made all the ladders in house at the shops?[/quote]

San Francisco also runs with wooden ladders and their ladders are made at their shops.

[url="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/25/BAGELQL66L1.DTL"]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...BAGELQL66L1.DTL[/url]
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='218395' date='Jun 1 2008, 21:30 ']Rehab Air Tender 59[/quote]

I have seen photos of this truck before and was wondering why some of these new LAFD Freightliner Rehab/airtenders have a single blue flashing light on the roof of the cargo box. I know that in California blue emergency lights are only allowed on police vehicles, at least according to the motor vehicle code book. Except for this truck I have never seen another firetruck or ambulance in California equipped with a blue light, making these LAFD trucks very unique. I am new to this website, why didn't my question end up on page 14 near the photo of LAFD Rehab/airtender 59??
[quote name='lonestar081' post='251208' date='Oct 1 2008, 20:45 ']I have seen photos of this truck before and was wondering why some of these new LAFD Freightliner Rehab/airtenders have a single blue flashing light on the roof of the cargo box. I know that in California blue emergency lights are only allowed on police vehicles, at least according to the motor vehicle code book. Except for this truck I have never seen another firetruck or ambulance in California equipped with a blue light, making these LAFD trucks very unique. I am new to this website, why didn't my question end up on page 14 near the photo of LAFD Rehab/airtender 59??[/quote]

From what I know the blue lights are on when the truck is filling air bottles.
LAFD USAR 3.

Attached Files Image(s)

LAFD Truck 3.
oops!! Here is the Truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

LAFD Engine 203

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 27 (Hollywood)

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 227

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 27

Attached Files Image(s)

All of the pics I just posted were of rigs at a fatal fire down the street from me close to Thanksgiving time last year.
Emergency Air 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Visited LA this past summer, here are some shots.

[Image: 101_5006.jpg]

[Image: 101_5007.jpg]

[Image: 101_5019.jpg]

[Image: 101_5513.jpg]

[Image: 101_5530.jpg]

[Image: 101_5528.jpg]

[Image: 101_5532.jpg]

[Image: 101_5535.jpg]

[Image: 101_5536.jpg]
Try as I might, I have never understood the LAFD's numbering scheme. So, would somebody please give a right coast firefighter an idea for how units are numbered within a station and or task force, the difference (if it still exists) between a light force, task force and heavy task force? I seem to remember some pictures in other collections (in real books, not online) of an impressive LAFD heavy task force. It was hard to imagine all that was crammed into a single firehouse. Also, maybe a primer on how the units are staffed and dispatched.

Thanks a million.
[quote name='SrFireOfficial' post='262734' date='Nov 21 2008, 14:04 ']Try as I might, I have never understood the LAFD's numbering scheme. So, would somebody please give a right coast firefighter an idea for how units are numbered within a station and or task force, the difference (if it still exists) between a light force, task force and heavy task force? I seem to remember some pictures in other collections (in real books, not online) of an impressive LAFD heavy task force. It was hard to imagine all that was crammed into a single firehouse. Also, maybe a primer on how the units are staffed and dispatched.

Thanks a million.[/quote]

Back in the old days when the LAFD had the Heavy Duty Task Forces there would be (at Station 3 for example) Wagon 3, Pump 3, Engine 203, Truck 3 and even Snorkel 3.

Here's a link regarding the modern Task forces: its explained in good detail

[url="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?s=&showtopic=4224&view=findpost&p=95189"]http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index....ost&p=95189[/url]
Yeah, I'm one of the "right " coast members. What is the large box on top of Engine 27? Must be a pain to repack the supply line.
[quote name='firetrucknut' post='262778' date='Nov 21 2008, 17:05 ']Yeah, I'm one of the "right " coast members. What is the large box on top of Engine 27? Must be a pain to repack the supply line.[/quote]

Its a brush fire box. Carries all the crews gear for brush fire and camp gear (folding chairs, sleeping bags etc). Sometimes the dept does get mutual aid calls outside the city.