Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tactical Police Units
Charles Co. Maryland Sheriff. unknown spec

Attached Files Image(s)

Lenco Bear, pic taken today at a public safety expo in Stony Point NY. I'm not sure who it belongs to though, if anyone knows, I could use some help. My guess is either Rockland County Sheriff's Dept or Clarkstown PD.

Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And an interior shot of the Bear.

Scott

[quote name='JScott128' post='154001' date='Oct 6 2007, 16:25 ']Lenco Bear, pic taken today at a public safety expo in Stony Point NY. I'm not sure who it belongs to though, if anyone knows, I could use some help. My guess is either Rockland County Sheriff's Dept or Clarkstown PD.

Scott[/quote]

Nice shot! Those Lencos are something aren't they?
Jay Kormann
Morris County Sheriff's Department, NJ

S.E.R.T.

Not a great picture with the shadows, but oh well.

Scott

NY Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police ESU (ESU-1) outside Penn Station. Penn Station hosts Amtrak, NJ Transit, Long Island Railroad, and NYC Subway. MTA Police cover the LIRR. Its not unusally to see all four police agencies (NYPD, MTA PD, NJT PD, and Amtrak PD) and the National Guard all patrolling Penn Station.

A little closer

[quote name='radioinstl' post='144529' date='Aug 28 2007, 23:21 ']Charles Co. Maryland Sheriff. unknown spec[/quote]

Is that an armored limo!?!? That thing is long!
St. Louis County Police

Unit T691

Unknown year International

Eureka, MO PD

Unknown info.

Newark (NJ) PD, ESU

Gonzales, Louisiana, Police Dept.

SWAT Team

[Image: 2341536193_9ef088d982_o.jpg]
Madison Heights, Michigan, Police Dept.

Tactical Support Vehicle

[Image: 495574614_16a63f0a94_o.jpg]

[Image: 495609539_a0e2e7fd98_o.jpg]

Somewhere I have a picture of this with a .30-cal Browning machine gun mounted.
[quote name='Sundog' post='246504' date='Sep 12 2008, 21:27 ']Gonzales, Louisiana, Police Dept.

SWAT Team

[Image: 2341536193_9ef088d982_o.jpg][/quote]

Interesting this team uses a van. That is something different than using a SUV.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
The local PD uses a raid van, similar to that. Their team is decentralized, so officers leave their assignment (as they can; sometimes, they have to await relief) and take their place on the emergency response team (their version of SWAT).

Those raid vans seem to be fairly noticable, so long as you know what to look for...
[quote name='fd2119' post='247112' date='Sep 14 2008, 18:23 ']The local PD uses a raid van, similar to that. Their team is decentralized, so officers leave their assignment (as they can; sometimes, they have to await relief) and take their place on the emergency response team (their version of SWAT).

Those raid vans seem to be fairly noticable, so long as you know what to look for...[/quote]

Sometimes you can spot a police car from a far. Many dept use Crown Victoria for their patrol car so its not far off to guess its the police. No markings probably means special units (SWAT, detectives, bomb squad).
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Oakland, CA ...

Unicoi county Tenn.

They also use a van similar to above post.

[Image: 26_8_1.gif]