Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics

Attached Files Image(s)

Sunsets a 1956, putnam a 1960... common sense (if its all true) would say sunset was the first. Id have to look and see when mack started producing diesels but the B 61 tractors had them way before they were put into fire trucks. I know of B 61s around 1956 and so that have diesels in them, so its all possible.
[quote name='Rpaterson33' post='251293' date='Oct 2 2008, 13:39 ']Sunsets a 1956, putnam a 1960... common sense (if its all true) would say sunset was the first. Id have to look and see when mack started producing diesels but the B 61 tractors had them way before they were put into fire trucks. I know of B 61s around 1956 and so that have diesels in them, so its all possible.[/quote]

Mack advertising at the time promoted three B model pumpers sold to Hamilton Bermuda as the first diesel powered Mack fire trucks.
Could have been the first diesel in pa, or something like that. Anyone know for sure?

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Adah also had this 1973 Mack CF 1000/750, x-Gill Hall,PA.

Warren Jenkins photo

Quote:Ludwigs Corner, PA ran this 1980 Mack R tanker which included a 1000 gpm pump and a 4400 gallon water tank. Perhaps a remount from the White chassis?

I'd have to say it was a remount. Look at the rear fender between the front and center rear axles, you can see where they spliced it together.

Attached Files Image(s)