Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American LaFrance Apparatus
Here is a shot of an ALF 700 on delivery day in Cartersville, GA. Note the rail car that it was delivered on in the background. This would have been in November of 1948. A proud day in Cartersville. Credit to original photographer.

Special thanks to Battalion Chief Mike Scoggins who took this print down from the wall and let me scan it.

Cartersville GA 1948 710-PEC 9130 10/12/1948 11/11/1948 9130

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another shot of Cartersville's 700. Thanks again to Chief Scoggins. The whereabouts of this rig are currently unknown. Cartersville still owns their 1918 ALF. Credit to original photographer.

Derry, NH ALF pump. 1979 photo. © Mike Mynahan 1970-2008, all rights reserved.

1924 ALF pump, ex-Hemet, CA. 1988 ATHS Fontana, CA show. © Mike Mynahan 1970-2008, all rights reserved.

Here is another former NJ rig at Northwoods. This rig was just sold to Perry,GA yesterday.

Northwoods VFD, Lumberton, NC

Ex-Engine 1612

1975 ALF Century

1500/500

#C-14-4309

X-Oradell,NJ E23

*Sold to Perry,GA*

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Quote:Here is another former NJ rig at Northwoods. This rig was just sold to Perry,GA yesterday.

Northwoods VFD, Lumberton, NC

Ex-Engine 1612

1975 ALF Century

1500/500

#C-14-4309

X-Oradell,NJ E23

*Sold to Perry,GA*

Most likely not the City of Perry. Perry is a nicely equipped single station FD, full of newer apparatus. Perry is located in Houston County (Pronounced "House-Ton"). Houston County is protected by several small VFD's, many of which have a Perry address. My guess is that one of them bought this rig.
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='257039' date='Oct 27 2008, 18:09 ']Most likely not the City of Perry. Perry is a nicely equipped single station FD, full of newer apparatus. Perry is located in Houston County (Pronounced "House-Ton"). Houston County is protected by several small VFD's, many of which have a Perry address. My guess is that one of them bought this rig.[/quote]

Yea, it isn't the City of Perry. From what I've gathered, a volunteer dept down that way went completely paid recently and kicked the volly chief out. So, the former chief decides to start his own VFD with all-ALF rigs including this one, two other Centurys, a snorkel, and a 1920s ALF parade piece.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Interesting, I'll have to check this out when I get back from my vacation.
[quote name='RJBOgdon' post='185639' date='Feb 1 2008, 15:55 ']E-31

Hlltop Hose Co

Harrison Twp, PA[/quote]

This engine was originally owned by Freeport, PA located in Armstrong County.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Hill Top Hose Co.3

Allegheny County 168

Has on order a Somewhat new 100ft ALF platform. New chassis but a rebuilt tower, I think from a Buffalo N.Y. rig. To be delivered after the first of the year I am told.
Maybe one of the LTI platforms they retired a couple years ago, they were traded in at ALF-Hamburg.
Wing1223,

Thanks for the info on Hill Top of Natrona Heights. I had been told that they were refurbing their current tower, and hadn't heard anything different. I guess that will be a spot for me to hit next year.
Maple Shade Fire Department

Maple Shade, NJ

Station 101

Rescue 1019

Ex-Rescue 3119 (I believe, this was a Former Mo'Town rig to my knowledge)

1999 ALF/Rescue 1

Keith, you are correct in a way!! This is a former Main Street MO'Town rig. But the color of it used to be blue and white. EX 3199 from Moorestown EMS....

Greg
What did Maple Shade do with the old Ford Rescue?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='262203' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:05 ']What did Maple Shade do with the old Ford Rescue?[/quote]

The old L8000 Marc? She was sold off upon the receipt of the "new" ALF/Rescue 1.

Wakefield Fire

Ex-Maple Shade NJ Rescue 1019

Squad 290

1988 Ford/Marion

Photo by our own mnsand aka Mike Sanders

[quote name='The Commish' post='169803' date='Dec 8 2007, 10:55 ']Presidio Army Base , Ca

Pioneer

No other Info ![/quote]

This engine went to Camp Parks in Dublin, CA during the first round of base closures. It remained there until the mid 90's, not sure what happend to it from there.
Aaron Woods
The Richardson Fire Department recently had their 1983 American LaFrance Century Series Pumper (1000-500) converted into a parade/funeral coach. The engine has a permanently installed funeral deck, portable wooden parade floor and permanently installed parade seating. With an American LaFrance red finish and gold leaf application, it is quite the handsome rig.

Refurbishment performed by Texas Fire Museum aka the North Texas Chapter of SPAAMFAA.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Right Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX