Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
Gloucester Engine 10 is a 2008 KME severe Service Engine. it replaced a late eighties FMC. In a show of regional cooperation the FMC unit is operating in nearby Middlesex county while several of their units are out of service for repairs. Sorry I did not get a closed door shot

Attached Files Image(s)

This is former Henrico Division of Fire Chemical 9. this unit was built in the early eighties using components of Henrico's Task force Engine which is posted earlier in this thread. When the task force Engine was made into a regular engine. the dry checmical tanks and turret were moved to this truck. It is now privately owned by a Gentleman that owns at least 10 former Henrico Units

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is a Pierce Dash Engine from Manakin Fire Rescue in Goochland County. I believe it is 1500/750 with Cafs. It is one of 6 identical units bought, one for each company in Goochland. Unfortunately, engine 51 was totaled in a rollover accident soon after being placed in service. it has since been replaced with a Pierc Velocity and the Driver of the unit has made a full recovery.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next Up is Manakins Squad 17. It is a Pierce Lance Heavy Rescue. 5 of the 6 Companies in Goochland run some type of meduim or heavy rescue unit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Midlothian District Chief 5 runs this Chevy Suburban

Attached Files Image(s)

Midlothian Engine 205 is a Pierce Enforcer. I believe 205 indicates the volunteer run engine while the career engine is engine 5. corrections welcome

Attached Files Image(s)

thats all for now. more to follow
now that you mention it I think it ws a Darley. thanks
[quote name='ur second in' post='255034' date='Oct 18 2008, 11:19 ']Midlothian Engine 205 is a Pierce Enforcer. I believe 205 indicates the volunteer run engine while the career engine is engine 5. corrections welcome[/quote]

That stateman is correct. The companies in Chesterfield, VA, which have voluinteers, radio signature begins with TWO OH (20_)
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='255471' date='Oct 20 2008, 15:19 ']That stateman is correct. The companies in Chesterfield, VA, which have voluinteers, radio signature begins with TWO OH (20_)[/quote]

This was 100% correct in the past, however, this changed when the six new Enforcers went in service. There aren't any rigs designated "Reserve" anymore, they all fall into the "200 series." This is how the roster changed:

201 (Reserve) (ex E-11)

202 (Reserve) (ex E-2)

203 (Reserve) (ex E-3)

204 (Volunteer) (ex E-4)

205 (Volunteer)

206 (Volunteer)

212 (Reserve) (ex E-12)

217 (Reserve) (ex E-9)

219 (Reserve) (ex E-8)

Hope this helps...
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='Roto-Ray' post='255497' date='Oct 20 2008, 18:10 ']This was 100% correct in the past, however, this changed when the six new Enforcers went in service. There aren't any rigs designated "Reserve" anymore, they all fall into the "200 series." This is how the roster changed:

201 (Reserve) (ex E-11)

202 (Reserve) (ex E-2)

203 (Reserve) (ex E-3)

204 (Volunteer) (ex E-4)

205 (Volunteer)

206 (Volunteer)

212 (Reserve) (ex E-12)

217 (Reserve) (ex E-9)

219 (Reserve) (ex E-8)

Hope this helps...[/quote]

Thanks Taylor...hadn't seen that list! 206 is Ex E-6...I believe all the older Mack CF's are out of the stations now, though a couple are still used at the Training Center.

Also noteworthy, Stations 4 and 5 (Bon Air and Midlothian) have the most active Volunteer membership of any of the combination stations by far...also 4 and 5 (Along with 6...Enon...and 13(Phillips) have the best Fire Prevention Week Open Houses (Casper played at 6's)
Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]
Here's a shot of new Brush 6, taken at Co.6's Open House.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

...And Brush 6's business end...

While we're at it, a less than ideal shot of new Engine 6

Prince George Engine 110. one of 5 identical units bought. this one recently returned to service after being involved in a traffic accident with a tractor trailer. fortunately no one was seriously injured

Attached Files Image(s)

Another unit from Prince George is this International Pierce

Attached Files Image(s)

Walkerton Community Fire Association brush 2. GMC pick up with department built skid unit. the skid unit was originally built for King William Fire department brusk unit that was not kept in service long. on another side note the GMC pick up was owned by one of the members and converted to a brush unit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another Unit from Walkerton, this 2008 International/ 4 Guys tanker. 500/1800

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Roto-Ray' post='255497' date='Oct 20 2008, 18:10 ']This was 100% correct in the past, however, this changed when the six new Enforcers went in service. There aren't any rigs designated "Reserve" anymore, they all fall into the "200 series." This is how the roster changed:

201 (Reserve) (ex E-11)

202 (Reserve) (ex E-2)

203 (Reserve) (ex E-3)

204 (Volunteer) (ex E-4)

205 (Volunteer)

206 (Volunteer)

212 (Reserve) (ex E-12)

217 (Reserve) (ex E-9)

219 (Reserve) (ex E-8)

Hope this helps...[/quote]

Taylor, thanks!

I wasn't aware that they had made this change.. What about the rig in the 16's that looks like a reserve or volunteers ride? Reserve or Volley??

How about Trucks?? Where are the reserves?

Has HDF Engine 6 come in and in service??
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Rob, John:

Glad that I could help.

The rig at 16 is a reserve/volly rig. The Midlothian (Co 5) volunteers have a small contingency of personnel at Co 16, and this is their rig. However, it's usual function is that it's a ready reserve for the career staff at Co 5 and Co 16 in case Engine 5 or Engine 16 goes out of service. If E216 is not available, they'll try to get E219.

The only remaining canopy-cab Mack CF's are at the training center, none are out in the field.

There is only one reserve truck right now, "Big Nasty." It's the dual-axle 75' Scope that's normally quartered at FS9. However, when T7's new Quantum 100' rear mount comes in after the first of the year, their 1997 Quantum aerial will replace the 75' Scope as the only reserve aerial in the fleet. The 'Scope will be disposed of.

Henrico Engine 6 will probably be in service in the next 4 weeks or so. We're expecting it in-quarters any time.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA