• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='bige1998' post='256135' date='Oct 23 2008, 19:47 ']Mr. Daly,

Here is the truck on I-89.

Former Middlebury, VT

Ladder 1

1966 Seagrave

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=39470][/quote]

Thanks Mike ! I wonder y it is just hanging there..... I want that Tiller Seat !
J Daly

Photographer

Saugus FAO#3

CityWide Car142

June 24tth "Old School Scans" inside of On The Job - Salem- Lynn-Boston-airplane-helo's

Web Site

[url="http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/"]http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/[/url]
[quote name='Daly242' post='256150' date='Oct 23 2008, 21:00 ']Thanks Mike ! I wonder y it is just hanging there..... I want that Tiller Seat ![/quote]

I heard that it has been in the area for a while on the parade route etc, but it has been at that spot for the at least the last 2+ years. That photo was taken in March of 2006.

-Eric
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Here is a old relic I found in Tysons Corner,VA several weeks ago at a car dealership on Chain Bridge Rd. Anyone recognize it?

Miller FD,?

1948 IHC R160/Luverne

500/500?

Serial #10711

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Micah, I also stopped and got pics of that unit. I think the guy said it was from out West somewhere. He wanted 13,000$ for it. I told him he was crazy and left. LoL
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
[quote name='BFD1151' post='256390' date='Oct 25 2008, 00:26 ']Here is a old relic I found in Tysons Corner,VA several weeks ago at a car dealership on Chain Bridge Rd. Anyone recognize it?

Miller FD,?

1948 IHC R160/Luverne

500/500?

Serial #10711[/quote]

Micah,

It had a South Dakota inspection sticker in the windshield when I saw it at the dealership about 3-4 months ago.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' post='256442' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:39 ']Micah,

It had a South Dakota inspection sticker in the windshield when I saw it at the dealership about 3-4 months ago.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

There is a Miller, South Dakota. Pop. 1341
$13,000 for that truck? What was he smoking?
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
I've shot a ton of old relics lately, hopefully some of you experienced people can help me fill in a few blanks!!

Here's one I found while I was on the way home from an ambulance trip. It's a 1971 Ford C/Howe HR-72 with a 750gpm pump and about 750 gal of water. It carries Howe S/N # 13143 and judging by the markings, it most recently served the Fontana Village Resort in Graham County, NC as "Engine 1". Older markings showed that the truck was bought new by the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority).

Andrew Messer Photo (2008)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Here's one I found parked outside the Bailey Switch FD in southeastern KY. From what I could piece together, this was a 1970's Chevrolet C-65 cab & chassis, with an older American LaFrance officers-side pump placed inside a locally built body. Confusing, I know! Hopefully someone has shot this one and can fill in some blanks for us!

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

I was able to visit Wynn Fire Apparatus in Corbin, KY last week and take pictures of apparatus on their lot. They are a great bunch of guys out there. I felt like family from the minute I walked inside the office to ask permission. They are much nicer than that awful place that makes piece-of-junk apparatus out in Taylorsville, NC haha.

Here's a not-so-good shot of a tanker that formerly served the Town of Binghamton, NY. It's a 1989 Mack R690T/4Guys. It held 1800gal of water and I wasn't able to find a pump on it. It carries Mack Chassis # 11283, but the 4Guys plate had been removed. I wish it had been in a better place for photos, but stuff was packed in their lot so tightly.

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Here's another not-so-good shot of Pulaski County, KY's former Tanker 4. It's a 1990 Mack CH613 with a Bluegrass Fire Apparatus 3500gal tank. It carries Mack Chassis # 4415. What a beast!!!

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This little mini last served East Bernstadt, KY as "Unit 8". It's a 1976 Dodge 300 with a Pierce body. It's got a 300gpm pump and carries about 300 gal of water. It carries Pierce Job # 9274-C and was delivered new to Prospect, PA.

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Here's a sad story, this 1956? FWD pumper was shot in August 2008 in rural Bedford County,PA. Originally Scottdale,PA., and then Cumberland Valley VFC in Centerville, Bedford Co.

This rig is declining fast and may be beyond hope.

Warren Jenkins photo

Here is the FWD over 25 years ago when it was still in service.

J. Floyd photo, Jenkins collection

This Bulldog last served South McCreary, KY as "Engine 1" before being traded into Wynn. It's a 1980 Mack CF685F with a 1000gpm pump and 1000gal of water. It carries Mack Chassis # 2140 and was delivered new to Cheltenham, PA in 1980.

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Charlottesville-Albemarle (VA) Command Center, 1970's Chevy C-10 Step-Van. My photo, 1997.

Attached Files
.bmp   tn_tn_CHARLOTTESVILLE_ALBEMARLE_CTY_VA_STEPVAN_971.bmp (Size: 56.3 KB / Downloads: 62)
[quote name='Daly242' post='256094' date='Oct 23 2008, 15:30 ']I was travling back from VT on Oct 15 on Rte 89 and saw a dandy of a Tractor

trailer unit parked onthe South bound side near Exit 15, it was near same Whaletail road

sitting in the parking lot of a security company. I was not able to get close enough to get a make.

It was all red and appeared to be a ALF or Seagrave trailer unknown on the tractor.

No Photos yet, Might have to go back to get more

Daly[/quote]

Jimmy,

That open cab Seagrave tiller has been there at least 4+ years now. Was the big-ass tracked thing still in the driveway when you came by last week?

rr...
Quote:This little mini last served East Bernstadt, KY as "Unit 8". It's a 1976 Dodge 300 with a Pierce body. It's got a 300gpm pump and carries about 300 gal of water. It carries Pierce Job # 9274-C and was delivered new to Prospect, PA.

It ran as Engine 5 at Prospect. The tank holds 250 gallons.

Attached Files Image(s)

I need some help with this one. I found it at a house on the side of the road on Rt. 11 south of Cleveland, TN. All I know is that it's a 1958 Ford with an Atlas Transport Tank body. The back of the tank says "Brookfield" and the faded out letters on the doors resemble something like "Sublicna". Any ideas?

Mark Carr photo

Ipswich, MA WLF Ambassador, Engine 6. Linebrook Rd. FS, 1991. My photo.

Attached Files Image(s)