Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden State Oldies
[quote name='IFD39' post='258301' date='Nov 1 2008, 19:52 ']"Raceway Park!!" I can still hear the commercials in my head! And that flea market was unbelievable--it was massive! Probably gone away with the advent of Ebay and other sites, but boy, did you just bring back some memories, Scott! And the rigs are nice, as well--I recall seeing the Breton Woods Imperial occasionally.[/quote]

Both the Flea Market and Raceway Park are still there. Technically the Flea Market is in Manalapan (Monmouth County) while Raceway Park is in Old Bridge (Middlesex County). Raceway Park has their own fire and EMS units.
[quote name='NJMedic' post='258445' date='Nov 2 2008, 09:29 ']Both the Flea Market and Raceway Park are still there. Technically the Flea Market is in Manalapan (Monmouth County) while Raceway Park is in Old Bridge (Middlesex County). Raceway Park has their own fire and EMS units.[/quote]

Thanks for the information on the flea market--good to see that it still is in operation.
[quote name='IFD39' post='258301' date='Nov 1 2008, 19:52 ']"Raceway Park!!" I can still hear the commercials in my head! And that flea market was unbelievable--it was massive! Probably gone away with the advent of Ebay and other sites, but boy, did you just bring back some memories, Scott! And the rigs are nice, as well--I recall seeing the Breton Woods Imperial occasionally.[/quote]

Englishtown Flea Market is still there I think, at least the web site is still up advertising 40 acres and 5 indoor buildings.

Those Raceway Park commercials were among the best that WABC Music Radio 77 used to have back in the 60's and 70's when the most listened to AM radio station in America of New York City would reach out for a 150 mile radius daytimes and to 38 states and 6 provinces plus Bermuda at night.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great stuff, Scott! The Mack C, Hahn, and that Maxim are especially so!
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Hey Guys and Gals just talked to a friend and he told me that there are some scanned prints of old "Great Eastern" apparatus for sale on EBay for about 5.00 a print

I have copies of them so if anyone is looing to add to there collection. just a note Happy Holidays.

JIm

Attached Files Image(s)