Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
Bruce,

You have listed that Robert Fulton's mini pumper was sold to someone in Middeltown? Any more info on who?
[quote name='194FireGuy' post='260004' date='Nov 8 2008, 21:23 ']This rig was formerly owned by Monroeville VFC #4, Monroeville, PA. It operated as Truck 4 from 1967 to 1983. I was then sold to Keystone FC.[/quote]

What page of this is the truck on if you remember?
Tim,

That is all I know. Someone told me that, but I don't remember who.

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='dcfd470' post='260533' date='Nov 11 2008, 00:50 ']This truck was from Penn Hills Pa and Nemacolin bought it from them in about 1983 and we had a slight refurb done to it. 1000 gal tank replaced the 500 and we had crosslays installed along with a newer Mack diesel engine the original was a gas 707. This was my first Custom engine that I was ever on it was sold to Crucible in about 1992. I wish I could have bought it but I had too many other truck that were in much better shape. I did find a buyer for it but then they said that is was not for sale anymore. These photos were taken several years ago and now it is in very bad shape just rotting away next to the firehouse.[/quote]

what Penn Hills FD had it? also, who did the 1983 rehab? I now have the following info on it.

thanks!

Mike

1965 C95F-1326 Penn Hills, Pennsylvania PA 1000/500(1000) 1965 Mack C/1983 ?? Rehab Sold:Nemacolin, PA Sold:Crucible, Pennsylvania
[quote name='EngineMan' post='260737' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:38 ']What page of this is the truck on if you remember?[/quote]

Page 45
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='260755' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:39 ']what Penn Hills FD had it? also, who did the 1983 rehab? I now have the following info on it.

thanks!

Mike

1965 C95F-1326 Penn Hills, Pennsylvania PA 1000/500(1000) 1965 Mack C/1983 ?? Rehab Sold:Nemacolin, PA Sold:Crucible, Pennsylvania[/quote]

Penn Hills VFC #7 was the original owner.

[quote name='194FireGuy' post='260890' date='Nov 12 2008, 20:28 ']Penn Hills VFC #7 was the original owner.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=40256][/quote]

excellent! do you know what it says on the front end of the rig in the above pic?
Mike,

The saying on the front is "Penn No. 7". I wish I had a slide of this one to post, but its one of the very few macks from Penn Hills that I don't have.
shoop were you able to load up a picture of freedom's mini pumper, and do u have any trucks from avis pa
In the early 1960's, Seagrave had bid a ladder for Georgetown Mass. In digging through some stuff today, I came up with some "examples" that they'd sent along from the factory.

An earlier post says that this is a 1958 from the Zelienople No.2 Vol. Fire Co. The Seagrave factory photo.

rr...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The second example that was in there was this C-Ford from "Humane 1" of Royersford PA.

rr...

Station76rit,

I have not gotten a chance to upload the Freedom mini pumper yet. I have to find it in my collection of slides. I have been to my friend Tom's house a couple times since the picture season has ended and have walked out with over 3000 or 4000 slides of Pa rigs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Tom hasn't traded with anybody since the early 70's, so most of the ones I've gotten in trade haven't been seen before. I'm hoping to find some other Freedom rigs that I can post for you as well.

Here are 3 that I did have a chance to get scanned in. I'm a Mack fan, so most of the ones I'll post are macks. The snorkel below was refurbed at least twice, and now has a Mack MC cab. Last time I was in St. Mary's they were trying to sell it, due to their new KME tower arriving.

[Image: StMarysMackSnorkel.jpg]
[Image: StMarysALFSquad.jpg]
This slide came out a little bright for some reason, and I haven't figured out my setting on the slide scanner, but it was neat and I decided to post it.

[Image: NewCastleMackLadder.jpg]
Just a couple comments on two of the last three:

The Mack C Snorkel had Young bodywork.

The ladder off the New Castle rig was placed on a Duplex chassis with Grumman bodywork and now serves Peach County, GA. There is a current shot of it, along with more details, in my "This & That" thread.
Susquehanna Fire Co.

Engine 27-1

1937 GMC ALF 500/150

York Haven PA

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
uh, why were the last dozen photos deleted, including all the pbf trucks.
Read the notices section. Hopefully they come back, so I can add more to it.
does anyone have pictures of apparatus from beaver county if so could you please post them. thanks
This rig I guess could qualify as as Keystone state relic. There was also a request for Montgomery County apparatus, so here is a former rig.

Sawmills FD,NC

Squad 408

1984 Hahn 84/Saulsbury

450/500

#HCC106112185

Ex-Swedesburg,PA

Ex-Montgomery County,PA Hazmat team

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.