Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
If you want it, this is were it is at. Glassboro's website, did not provide any additional information about it. There is a 1967 model that is close, but not it. Scroll down and you see the rear of this vehicle at a fire. http://www.glassborofiredept.com/whoweare.htm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go further east of 40 and you will find this one.

This one is cheaper...$4995. And its a SPECIAL!!!

Officer's 3/4

Officer's rear 3/4

Rear. This time I remembered to attach the file.

Driver's rear 3/4

Only two 2-1/2" discharges were found. Therefore...500 GPM

The only identification is this piece showing it is an American LaFrance. The pump is the traditional "Twinflow"

Attached Files Image(s)

Again, any interested buyers, it is located in Elmer, NJ. Strathmere is located on the Jersey shore, below Ocean City, NJ. Going to their website, http://www.strathmerefire.com/, there is no historical data provided. This concludes my contribution to the thread.

this was the second out engine in strathmere new jersey up until the early mid 90's, i used to live back there and was there for a family reunion in 1994 and it was still in service, i have a pic of it somewhere while still running, i'll see if i can locate it
Here is one I found the other day. From Gibbstown, NJ (I believe) is this lovely Ward Lafrance. It is parked behind the Etowah-Horseshoe Main station outside of Hendersonville, Nc.

[Image: nature055.jpg]
Finally a clear shot of this Ford Tanker. from Seven Devils FD in Madison county NC> now located in the Greater Taylors metropolitan area(haha) in SC.

[Image: nature011.jpg]
[quote name='ATFagent' date='30 November 2009 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1259623613' post='350187']

Definitely 1974 & Great Eastern

[/quote]

In reality, Ernie Day, was a salesman for Oren Fire Apparatus. He ran the New Jersey Fire Equipment Co and had a line that bore the name Great Eastern, They was actually Oren built, that had been rebadged.

They had models named, Conqueror, Challenger and Commander.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[Image: 052.jpg]

Old Rear mount crown sitting in the yard of the rio hondo fire academy Photo by Monrovia1.
Quote:Old Rear mount crown sitting in the yard of the rio hondo fire academy Photo by Monrovia1.

This could be F-1720, a 1974 Crown 1500/200/75' Telesqurt, x-Live Oak, CA.
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='28 January 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1264715493' post='360943']

This could be F-1720, a 1974 Crown 1500/200/75' Telesqurt, x-Live Oak, CA.

[/quote]

Correct!
Found this guy at the end of a driveway for sale in Warwick October or November, don't remember for sure. Was gone after about a week or 2.

Such a shame to see this ALF wasting away

[quote name='photone' date='22 November 2009 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1258930044' post='348566']

Profile shot.

[/quote]
Here's a couple of Lowell Ma relics all taken in the mid 90's and no longer around

First Engine 1 1977 Ward Lafrance Retired 1992