Pennsylvania Fire/EMS Apparatus
PERRY HI-WAY ERIE COUNTY PA

GMC / KENCO RESCUE

Attached Files Image(s)

PENN TWP. CO. 11 BUTLER COUNTY PA.

TANKER 11

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2001 Peterbuilt/4-Guys 1500/3000 if I remember correctly
[quote name='Wing1223' post='267341' date='Dec 20 2008, 13:17 ']EURKEA OLD RESCUE 281 CHEVY/HAMERLY

EUREKA RESCUE 281 PETE/KENCO

SARVER RESCUE 36 X - FDNY ENGINE CHASSIS / KENCO BODY

HARRISON HILLS RESCUE 169 FREIGHTLINER / KENCO[/quote]

Is this a recent photo? Does Sarver still operate Rescue 36? Thanks!
Sarver's rescue was sold to Nobile, IL. if I remember correct from firetec's website. The now have a FL/4-Guys.
[quote name='Wing1223' post='267341' date='Dec 20 2008, 13:17 ']EURKEA OLD RESCUE 281 CHEVY/HAMERLY

EUREKA RESCUE 281 PETE/KENCO

SARVER RESCUE 36 X - FDNY ENGINE CHASSIS / KENCO BODY

HARRISON HILLS RESCUE 169 FREIGHTLINER / KENCO[/quote]

Eureka's Chevy/Hamerely replaced a Dodge Power Wagon 1-ton rescue, 1973 I believe. Not sure of the manufacturer. The Chevy then was sold to Oklahoma V.F.D. in Westmoreland County, It is an air truck now and painted white over yellow. It is soon to be replaced by a Pierce on a Peterbuilt chassis within the next few months.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='267476' date='Dec 21 2008, 09:00 ']Eureka's Chevy/Hamerely replaced a Dodge Power Wagon 1-ton rescue, 1973 I believe. Not sure of the manufacturer. The Chevy then was sold to Oklahoma V.F.D. in Westmoreland County, It is an air truck now and painted white over yellow. It is soon to be replaced by a Pierce on a Peterbuilt chassis within the next few months.[/quote]

The Eureka Dodge power wagon 1972 had a Reading body and was a department built project.

The Oaklahoma new Air Unit will be delivered in Feb.
[quote name='Shoop' post='267386' date='Dec 20 2008, 16:53 ']2001 Peterbuilt/4-Guys 1500/3000 if I remember correctly[/quote]

No I dont think it's a 4-Guys it may be a Smeal.
I show it to be a 4-Guys also for what its worth.

Corrections welcome.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='267496' date='Dec 21 2008, 11:29 ']I show it to be a 4-Guys also for what its worth.

Corrections welcome.[/quote]

The 4 guys is the small tanker a Ford 4 guys 1800 or 2000 gal. sing axel.
Oaklahoma Air 49 X Eureka Squad 125.

Taken last week at the Comfort Inn Fire in Kittanning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perry HI-Way Erie County

HME / KENCO ENGINE

GMC / KENCO SQUAD

Attached Files Image(s)

Wing1223,

Both tankers at Penn Twp. were built by 4-Guys. I just wasn't completely sure about the pump size. Saxonburg has a Smeal tanker.
Oklahomas New air truck will be a Pierce Encore body on a Kenworth T370 with the Pierce Multi cab. Cascade will remain the same at 10 6000 psi bottles with a booster pump, No plans yet as to the disposition of the chevy-Hamerly. It is due at the end of feb.
[quote name='Wing1223' post='267494' date='Dec 21 2008, 11:23 ']The Eureka Dodge power wagon 1972 had a Reading body and was a department built project.

The Oaklahoma new Air Unit will be delivered in Feb.[/quote]

For what it is worth, the old (Dodge PW) air truck from Oaklahoma ended up in Bunola, Allegheny County, PA. It now sits unlettered and weathered in someones yard in the same area.
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='268331' date='Dec 26 2008, 10:18 ']For what it is worth, the old (Dodge PW) air truck from Oaklahoma ended up in Bunola, Allegheny County, PA. It now sits unlettered and weathered in someones yard in the same area.[/quote]

You mean the old ford ambulance...?? Thats the only thing that they sold to bunola. Never had a dodge pw. It was an old Oklahoma ems ambulance converted to hold air equipment. 1986 ford/wheeled coach Then given to Bunola as a squad or whatever.
[quote name='Rpaterson33' post='268404' date='Dec 26 2008, 14:24 ']You mean the old ford ambulance...?? Thats the only thing that they sold to bunola. Never had a dodge pw. It was an old Oklahoma ems ambulance converted to hold air equipment. 1986 ford/wheeled coach Then given to Bunola as a squad or whatever.[/quote]

The first air turck at Oaklahoma was the Box Ambulance converted to an air truck by the Dept. members. it was replaced by the Chevy Hamerly from Eureka. The Old Eureka (first rescue squad) Power Wagon rescue befor the Hamerly went to Duncansvill Pa F.D. ran as a rescue for some time then had the body replace with a flatbed bruch unit.
[quote name='Rpaterson33' post='268404' date='Dec 26 2008, 14:24 ']You mean the old ford ambulance...?? Thats the only thing that they sold to bunola. Never had a dodge pw. It was an old Oklahoma ems ambulance converted to hold air equipment. 1986 ford/wheeled coach Then given to Bunola as a squad or whatever.[/quote]

Yes, Ford, sorry...
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
The Ford Ambulance was not an ex Oklahoma ems ambulance,

it also was actually thier 2nd air truck, thier first air truck was their ex 65 Ford F750-Ward Lafrance that had the pump removed and a tarp thrown over the body with a cascade system. the 65 lasted only a few years as it developed numerous issues. Not quite sure where it went,

The Ford Ambulance was given to bunola for free as a goodwill gesture.
[quote name='Rheems1' post='6882' date='Jul 10 2006, 15:02 ']Ford/Local Brush Truck

Mahoning Township Fire Department

Lawrence County[/quote]

was this truck bought from Stoneboro VFC in Mercer County? does anyone know.