Keystone State Relics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Scott,

Many many thanks for sharing these gems! I hate to admit it but I remember when a lot of these rigs were running from line service from the 50-90's.

I do remember Lampeters Macks if memory serves me, they had an L Model and a B model painted in their sharp yellow over black. I THINK I have shots of both rigs from the mid 70's when the Middlesex Cty (MA) Fire Wardens ran a bus trip out to the Lancatser county area. We were the guests of Stroudsburg FC and it was a great time!

Happy new year, and please keep them coming!!!!

Perkasie's tower was sold to Cherry Hill, NJ.
Jay Kormann
Ashland became Voorhees FD. its a different rig. This rig was bought by the vollie company in Cherry Hill thru a broker.
[quote name='alpowg' post='65724' date='Jan 8 2007, 00:17 ']Scott- Additional info:

1974 Mack CF-600 85 ft Aerialscope purchased new by Perkasie (Bucks Co.),PA. On 6-26-88 the town of Perkasie was struck by a conflagration which started in a lumber yard by boys playing with matches. Their first-in Mack CF pumper was suddenly consumed and totally incinerated by the flames fanned by wind. This Aerialscope was in service when the fire approached it. Two men were on the platform. They lowered it to a roof top through high tension wires facing incineration or electrocution. Fortunately they were able to jump to the roof and escaped unharmed. The scope was badly burned on the driver's side and was sent to Baker where it was repaired and upgraded. In late 1989 it was returned to service. In 2006 it was replaced with a Pierce tower and sold to Cherry Hill (Camden Co.),NJ.[/quote]

Sorry, it is a 75 ft Aerialscope