Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
Clearfield, PA Fire Company 1 ran the Ambulance Service for the town. In 1970 the members of Company 1 got a grant from PENNDOT to buy a rescue truck for the new I-80 going through town. The truck was one of the 1st to have the Hurst Performance Tool (Jaws of Life) on it. It was also a 6x6 all wheel drive, with a 300gal tank and high pressure pump. The truck could hold 4 litter patients for transport if needed. It was considered ONE OF A KIND at its time. The MONSTER as it was nicknamed was made on a Ford chassis by Bruco in near by Altoona, PA.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last for tonight...

Fyreline again supplied the cab... rest was by me.

This is Newark, NJ Rescue 1. It helped to form the HAZ-MAT team when it was formed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok ONE more...

Newark Engine 9's Ward LaFrance Squrt. Fyreline for the rig and I adjusted the color and striping.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here are a few Newark NJ FD ladder trucks to go with Fireman5230's rigs. The first is a 1987 Emergency One Hurricane 110 ft. rearmount. The sign on the main is not authentic, just something I added. Credits to KDWMAEMT, Ladder13, Rescue29Engine23, and AVFC1699.

The second is a 1991 version. Another Emergency One 110 ft. rearmount. Again the sign on the main is not authentic, just something I made up and added. Credits to KDWMAEMT, Ladder13, Rescue29Engine23, AVFC1699.

Deleted
Not the best but here is the 1960 American LaFrance TURBO CHIEF that went to San Fransico FD. I have had this ALF cab and chassis for a few years and do not have the orginial owner. It started life as a 700 Cab and was modified by me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a twist. Rescue 1 of NJ built this unit for the NJSP/OEM for the State run USAR Team NJ-TF1. There were other rigs closely made like this but the unit assigned as RESCUE 5 to the NJSP is the only with 4 wheel drive. I do not have the owner of the orginial drawing.

Bob Ont's TFD High Pressure 700 series ALF was my begining for this 1954 CFR rig. Based loosely on 3 6x6 rigs that went to the major aircraft companies of the time.

Based on the last 700 ALF CFR rig, I did a WHAT IF... What if the USAF and ALF stuck to the 700 Cab for the O-11 series of CFR rings of the 50's.... This is what I came up with...

Here is one of the Continental Compac engines used in Newark NJ. Credits to Paramedic_IL, Ladder13, Engine5161, and Fyreline.

Deleted
Credits to Paramedic_IL, Ladder13, Engine5161, and Fyreline

Westborough MA Engine 3

1981 Compac Continental

Love the American LaFrance 700 crash trucks . . . here's one from Syracuse for contrast:

[Image: ALFCFR.png]
Not sure if any one has done a Brockway yet so here is my take on it.

Plaistow NH, Former 39 Engine 1, 1977 Brockway

Newark's First Ford Rescue was in a wreck. This is what it looked like BEFORE hitting a car. It was referbed with a new REO chassis afterwards.

Attached Files Image(s)

1962 International Stet Van used by FDNY Squad 1.

Attached Files Image(s)

1970 Mack CF used as FDNY Sqd 4... At one time running OVER 10,000 calls in ONE YEAR!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Played around with a blank... Luthersville Rescue and made this Rescue for my "old" FD.

1969 Mack R Model made up as FDNY Engine 303. Constructed with parts from Fyreline units to get teh finial creation...