Unknown Ward LaFrance

Attached Files Image(s)

Plate For the Ward

Attached Files Image(s)

Rochester NY I think Truck 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Some Buffalo NY American Lafrances

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='lt15' post='277553' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:13 ']Plate For the Ward[/quote]

If I'm reading the WLF plate correctly as #3988, Richard Gergel's listed it as being a 1955 WLF Model 59T sold to the New York State Thruway.
[quote name='brotherjulio' post='276467' date='Jan 25 2009, 08:11 ']it is at boots and hanks junkyard on north keyser ave in scranton also in the yard is an old spartan/e-one telesquirt from syracuse it last ran there as SE-8.[/quote]

Sorry to see the old girl looking so rough. I used to work in Syracuse in the late 70's early 80's and was a awesome sight to see it roll down the road. In its day it was HUGE!

Tim/csff25
[quote name='firebuff55407' post='277557' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:38 ']If I'm reading the WLF plate correctly as #3988, Richard Gergel's listed it as being a 1955 WLF Model 59T sold to the New York State Thruway.[/quote]

Now I know why it is Blue, Thanks
Regarding the ex-Syracuse Rescue (1976 International Paystar / Saulsbury):

Quote:Sorry to see the old girl looking so rough. I used to work in Syracuse in the late 70's early 80's and was a awesome sight to see it roll down the road. In its day it was HUGE!

Here's a shot of it from the front of Saulsbury's sales brochure when it was new.

[Image: untitled-1.png]
where are these rigs?
[quote name='fyreline' post='277590' date='Jan 29 2009, 14:49 ']Regarding the ex-Syracuse Rescue (1976 International Paystar / Saulsbury):

Here's a shot of it from the front of Saulsbury's sales brochure when it was new.

[Image: untitled-1.png][/quote]let me tell you something about bootsie he'is nothing but a total a**hole everything he gets there he exports for scrap

i'm completely amazed that you got into his yard with his dogs chasing you.
I found this lineup of ladders in a field somewhere in Middleboro Ma, left to right Wakefield MA, West Warwick RI, Newport RI and Providence RI

Attached Files Image(s)

Millis MA Ladder 1 found in Taunton MA

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='bcfd424' post='267158' date='Dec 19 2008, 10:54 ']I found this truck near Kannapolis, NC yesterday. No info on the truck or why its there. I believe its from New York.

Rushville Hose Company Engine 2331

Ford C / FMC[/quote]

Yes this rig is indeed from Rushville, NY originally. Rushville is located on the Ontario/Yates County line, and the numbering on this rig 2331, indicates that this rig is a pumper tanker by the Ontario County rig numbering system. My notes show this rig as a 1985 Ford C/ FMC with a 1000 Gal tank, and a 1000 GPM pump. Sorry I don't have any serial numbers for the vehicle unfortunately.
[quote name='Mack505' post='276386' date='Jan 24 2009, 20:32 ']BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! As I was turning around to continue on my way, I found this sister Pirsch TDA hiding behind an old Fotomat booth.

[Image: IMG_0229.JPG]

As you can see, the fenders are a more pronounced white on this one.

Twin TDA's, inverted triangular department seals, possibly white fenders. Anyone have any ideas where they're from?

BTW, for those with Google Earth, they are visible on the street level photos. I posted the place locator here for you: [url="http://www.rowleyfire.org/9886rr.kmz"]http://www.rowleyfire.org/9886rr.kmz[/url]

You can also look them up using the address 9886 Ridge Rd, Brockport, NY. In the Google shots they are obscured by foliage and the second one is almost invisible.[/quote]

Mack 505, when were you up here in Rochester? Wish I'd have known you were gonna be in the area, we coulda hooked up for some java and some pixing. Let me know next time you're gonna be up in this area, and we'll see if we can't hook up for some java and pixing around town here. Heck I could even bring ya to my firehouse to see our 58 B Mack Engine, and our other Mack engine. Hope you enjoyed your visit to our wonderful and snowy city. Feel free to drop me an email anytime, and hope to hear from you next time you're gonna be in the area.

Jeff Ambroz-Rochester,NY

jambroz@frontiernet.net
I should have been clearer. what is the current location of the rigs that lt15 posted earlier today?

[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='277636' date='Jan 29 2009, 18:30 ']Where are which/what rigs?[/quote]
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='277705' date='Jan 29 2009, 23:04 ']I should have been clearer. what is the current location of the rigs that lt15 posted earlier today?[/quote]

I'm not positive, but they look to be quite possibly at the old truck junkyards which used to be called Mancuso's on state route 33 between Bergen,NY and Batavia,NY in Genesee County. Those old junkyards used to have all kinds of old firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, and also tractor trailer trucks, and transit buses from all around the WNY area in them years ago, but they have become much smaller since then, and I'm not sure if they even have any of the old relics still lying around, as it's been a while since I've had the chance to stop by there in daylight hours, as lately every time I go thru that area, it's either early morning before sun up, or it's after dark at night time. I'm gonna have to get out that way this spring and see what's still floating around out there, if anything.
Here's a former Ford/??? engine which formerly served the Raquette Lake, NY FD. At the time I took this pic in 2004 it was being stored at the Syracuse FD Training Center and Shops.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next is this Ford C/ ??? Tanker which formerly served the Cleveland,NY FD. When I took this pic in 2004 it was snowbound outside the Cleveland, NY Firehouse.

Next is this Ford/???? tanker which formerly served the Cuyler, NY FD. This rig was sitting in a field just outside of the village of Cuyler, NY at the time of the pic in 2004.