Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Tascman nice pics !!!!

opencabmack Engine 32-1 was sold to a private collector in New Jersey.
[quote name='T Niss' post='287853' date='Mar 7 2009, 22:40 ']Tascman nice pics !!!!

opencabmack Engine 32-1 was sold to a private collector in New Jersey.[/quote]

Saw it in the PA Fireman. There was a few from Kittaning #1 in Armstrong Co. that were going to go out and look at it. However, they bought a 1992 Seagrave from Winchester VA instead. I just wondered what happened to it. Thanks for the info.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Quote:Summit Station, PA operated this 1979 Ward LaFrance 1000/500 pumper. I think this was the "Patriot" series chassis initially developed for the military. GA_Dave will dill us in, I hope.

The prototype Patriot was built in 1976. The Patriot was created as a lower cost custom pumper with limited configurations and options. The biggest customer was the U.S. Air Force, purchasing about 35 "P-12D" versions and one "P-8D" version in 1978 and 1979. The exact number of Patriot pumpers built is undetermined, but I would estimate that there were less than 75. The Summit Station rig was purchased used from Bristol, PA. Here's a short list of some of the others I know about:

Sugar Grove, PA

Del Trail, FL

Winder, GA

Chicamauga, GA

Thornton, CO

Pleasant Valley, NY

Vancouver, WA

Holden, ME

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Amhearst, ME

Getzville, NY

Harrison Township, NY

There were also two demo units in my lists that went to Fire Fox in Houston, TX and to Charles McClarty in Atlanta. In 23 years of shooting apparatus in Georgia, I've never found the McClarty rig. Another Patriot is shown for Deer Park, TX, but I know the Deer Park FD never had one. Perhaps it went to one of the many industrial fire brigades in that area. Finally, one went to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, location unknown.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Progress Mack engine that was just posted is not the one that was sold to the collector in NJ. Progress had two mack engines. One they nicknamed the "Bushwacker", the other was named the "9th Division Commander". The rig posted is the older one. I'm not sure where it ended up when replaced by the Seagrave in 1998.

Opencabmack,

It's probably good that Kittanning bought the Seagrave. I was told the pump was shot on the mack at progress, and that was the reason they were getting rid of it.
[quote name='Shoop' post='287946' date='Mar 8 2009, 12:32 ']The Progress Mack engine that was just posted is not the one that was sold to the collector in NJ. Progress had two mack engines. One they nicknamed the "Bushwacker", the other was named the "9th Division Commander". The rig posted is the older one. I'm not sure where it ended up when replaced by the Seagrave in 1998.

Opencabmack,

It's probably good that Kittanning bought the Seagrave. I was told the pump was shot on the mack at progress, and that was the reason they were getting rid of it.[/quote]

I was told the Progress Mack had alot of miles on it and that it was time. Did not know about the pump. There is a picture of the Seagrave they bought. I saw it here, not sure under which thread. I know they are happy with the purchase of the Seagrave. Thanks Shoop.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Code 3 is doing the "9th Division Commander" which is the one they just recently got rid of. Both of the macks looked very similar. They had only a few differences. If you get on Mike Martinelli's site, I think he has shots of both of them.
I have a few more of my photos that I have scanned

Upper Pottsgrove FC

old International

Attached Files Image(s)

Pottstown FC

former Snorkel

Attached Files Image(s)

Next is this former GMC/Saulsbury rescue from Norristown FD

Attached Files Image(s)

I do not know if this next one is really a relic but it is a Pierce from the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard FD which I am pretty sure no longer exists.

Attached Files Image(s)