Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[Image: 16005019.jpg]

LAFD Homeland Security Suburban. This unit respond's to all large scale emergency incidents in the City of Los Angeles such as the metrolink train derailment and the wildfires. Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: 16005078.jpg]

Truck 89. Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: IMG_4948.jpg]

Engine 97. Photo by Monrovia1.

Photo taken this past summer during a Brush Fire grittith park. Behind it is Engine 41 running in a reserve Seagrave.
[quote name='casey' post='288548' date='Mar 10 2009, 19:05 ']LAFD I believe has 4-5 new ALF truck's on order.[/quote]

But after they wait a while for ALF to finish building them,since ALF is not taking anymore orders who are they going to buy from.
Ron Trout

EMT-Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Emergency Transport Team

Phillyfirenews.com Staff Photographer

[Image: PFnlogo.jpg]

[url="http://WWW.PHILLYFIRENEWS.COM"]Phillyfirenews.com[/url]
[quote name='rontroutsa' post='289397' date='Mar 13 2009, 18:23 ']But after they wait a while for ALF to finish building them,since ALF is not taking anymore orders who are they going to buy from.[/quote]

I would take a guess Seagrave or Pierce (or anyone who still makes tillers). Probably they would buy 1 of each company and test them.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
LAFD has purchased in the recent past from whoever had LTI ladders. That said, it is probably a toss up. They have had some issues with their Pierce and Seagrave engines over the past few years. I believe they haven't had any issue with the newest Seagraves, but they ran into quite a few problems with the last batch of Pierce's they ordered.
[Image: kwlogo116.jpg]

USAR 89 Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: kwlogo112_edited.jpg]

Squad 87 Photo by Monrovia1.
OK, I'm an idiot. When did 89's get a USAR rig? Its not a new one so where did it come from? Still cross-staffed by the in-house TF or dedicated staffing like USAR 88 with an A/O and Captain?

Thanks in advancce.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='289863' date='Mar 15 2009, 10:01 ']OK, I'm an idiot. When did 89's get a USAR rig? Its not a new one so where did it come from? Still cross-staffed by the in-house TF or dedicated staffing like USAR 88 with an A/O and Captain?

Thanks in advancce.[/quote]

I was unable to get any info when I shot it, but, I believe it is still a reserve rig. Plans are though that they will become a active company as soon as the Dept. gets the money.

This was part of former Chief Bamatre's 5 year plan that was approved by the Fire Comission prior to his departure.
[quote name='casey' post='218402' date='Jun 2 2008, 00:29 ']JFong,

Engine 33 from "Fire City" is now protecting "The Rock" in Eagle Rock as Engine 42. Was put into service as 42's on 5/31.[/quote]

[Image: IMG_4666.jpg]

Engine 42. Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: IMG_4678.jpg]

Engine 55 Photo by Monrovia1.
[quote name='casey' post='289097' date='Mar 13 2009, 03:11 '][Image: 16005019.jpg]

LAFD Homeland Security Suburban. This unit respond's to all large scale emergency incidents in the City of Los Angeles such as the metrolink train derailment and the wildfires. Photo by Monrovia1.[/quote]

Interesting vehicle, I notice the two sets of two-tone horns under the bumper, I also watched a video of a BC responding to a Major Emergency and they were also using two-tone horns - are these the only vehicles in the LAFD to use them?
[quote name='BritishAndy' post='290401' date='Mar 17 2009, 07:56 ']Interesting vehicle, I notice the two sets of two-tone horns under the bumper, I also watched a video of a BC responding to a Major Emergency and they were also using two-tone horns - are these the only vehicles in the LAFD to use them?[/quote]

Andy,

I believe that all ambulances and Chief Officer Suburbans have the Hi-Lo horns.

hth
[quote name='casey' post='290486' date='Mar 17 2009, 19:46 ']Andy,

I believe that all ambulances and Chief Officer Suburbans have the Hi-Lo horns.

hth[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info.
Answered my own question about USAR 89. It is the former rig assigned to USAR 88. This rig appears to have been replaced by the tandem axle Pierce Arrow XT rig they currently have.

Is it safe to assume that TF 89 staffs this rig since they are a USAR trained TF?

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='firstduephotos' post='279242' date='Feb 5 2009, 15:43 ']OOoooooh look at the little baby tires![/quote]

Training wheels!
ALF is not building anymore?
I found this slide in the Hale collection owned by Bob Ward
[Image: 0500929060.jpg]

Engine 10. Photo by Monrovia1.