Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='Chief59026' post='290994' date='Mar 20 2009, 08:39 ']Jeff,

it's for sale, the current owner has had it for several years and it needs engine work. Prior to that it was stored by it's previous owner in the barn on the property. I have the number of the current owner if anyone's interested.

Larry[/quote]

Larry do you know where it served prior to coming to it's spot in Walworth? I'm still thinking it may've been St Paul Blvd, but haven't found my older pics of their old Quad yet to compare.
[quote name='matchot' post='291011' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:45 ']Larry do you know where it served prior to coming to it's spot in Walworth? I'm still thinking it may've been St Paul Blvd, but haven't found my older pics of their old Quad yet to compare.[/quote]

No I don't. It was stored on the property for a while by someone else. Then it came into the possession of the current owner. I looked for numbers before and couldn't find any.So unless someone here can tell me where to look that is out of the ordinary for numbers I don't know how we'll find out. When I fist saw it, it was white and it looks like it may have always been white, if thats a help.
Saw an old WLF on the grounds of the Columbia County Airport south of Albany, NY. Anybody up north have any idea whose it is/was?

I don't recall seeing it on this site/thread. If I missed it, please accept my apologies.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='matchot' post='291011' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:45 ']Larry do you know where it served prior to coming to it's spot in Walworth? I'm still thinking it may've been St Paul Blvd, but haven't found my older pics of their old Quad yet to compare.[/quote]

Jeff, it's not St. Paul Blvd's, their's had an entirely different styling to the back end, it had an exposed (for lack of a better term) full pump panel, and different headlamp assemblies.

The colors remind me of Macedon NY, they did they ever have one?
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='291049' date='Mar 20 2009, 17:50 ']Jeff, it's not St. Paul Blvd's, their's had an entirely different styling to the back end, it had an exposed (for lack of a better term) full pump panel, and different headlamp assemblies.

The colors remind me of Macedon NY, they did they ever have one?[/quote]

John, not that I am aware of anyways, but it is possible, but it would be way before my time. I am sure it most likely came from somewhere in this area, but who knows. guess I'll have to see if Larry perhaps can find out for us, or next time I'm out that way I'll stop into the restaurant and ask the owners if they know where it came from.
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='291049' date='Mar 20 2009, 17:50 ']Jeff, it's not St. Paul Blvd's, their's had an entirely different styling to the back end, it had an exposed (for lack of a better term) full pump panel, and different headlamp assemblies.

Macedon's first ladder was the one they currently have. I'll stop by and ask the owner if he has any info. If the resturant is open he's there. I'll see if I can get a VIN or at least an engine serial number off of it.

Larry
[quote name='Chief59026' post='291246' date='Mar 21 2009, 10:14 ']Macedon's first ladder was the one they currently have. I'll stop by and ask the owner if he has any info. If the resturant is open he's there. I'll see if I can get a VIN or at least an engine serial number off of it.

Larry[/quote]

Ok great Larry, as it would be awesome to find out more about this vehicle, and track where it's from, and then maybe someone will have pics of it from it's in service days. BTW Larry, sometime you need to join us for as day of pixing, and one of these days we'll get the gang to hit the West Walworth FD too.
[quote name='matchot' post='291252' date='Mar 21 2009, 13:13 ']Ok great Larry, as it would be awesome to find out more about this vehicle, and track where it's from, and then maybe someone will have pics of it from it's in service days. BTW Larry, sometime you need to join us for as day of pixing, and one of these days we'll get the gang to hit the West Walworth FD too.[/quote]

Let me know when and where and I'll see what I can do.

Larry
[quote name='Chief59026' post='291253' date='Mar 21 2009, 13:16 ']Let me know when and where and I'll see what I can do.

Larry[/quote]

Sounds good Larry, possibly sometime in May or June, I'll have to check with John, Greg, and Dan, and then we'll go from there. I will keep you posted.
Ok found this sitting on the side of the road in Westfall Pa Pike Co. It is a former Indianapolis, Indiana unit it has on the door R1111. It is just rusting away and the guy who ownes it is looking to sell it oversea's.

Here is a pic of the truck and the builders Plate

Attached Files Image(s)

Part 2

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='291488' date='Mar 22 2009, 13:13 ']This is the chassis builder's data plate; the builder (Thibault, pronounced "TEE-bow") would have one of their own.[/quote]

That plate should have, and more usually have been in the cab at or near the drivers seat on the bulkhead just at the base of the seat.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='291497' date='Mar 22 2009, 13:53 ']That plate should have, and more usually have been in the cab at or near the drivers seat on the bulkhead just at the base of the seat.[/quote]

That was the location of the plate and no other plate was found on the truck any place. I did look for it to get as much info as I could. This truck was in-service with Ladder 20 with I.F.D.

Thanks for the assist all

Chris

Hi all, the St. Paul Quad was an open cab, a picture of it is in the "Young Fire Apparatus" topic (it was a Maxim/Young, actually) . Don't have the post # but it was Nov. 2006 when it was posted.

I remember going past Macedon's Fire Hall back when it was on Rt. 31 (the old bldg.). Back then their trucks were red, I don't remember even seeing this Maxim.

Stay safe!!!

John in Irondequoit NY.
Found this on the back roads of Anderson County SC. Found it while chasing a rather large smoke column. The local VFD was having a training burn. Not sure the year looked all over for it. As far as I can tell, Fellsmere VFD is in Fla.

[Image: 100_7481.jpg]

[Image: 100_7483.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' post='291713' date='Mar 23 2009, 00:27 ']Found this on the back roads of Anderson County SC. Found it while chasing a rather large smoke column. The local VFD was having a training burn. Not sure the year looked all over for it. As far as I can tell, Fellsmere VFD is in Fla.

[Image: 100_7481.jpg]

[Image: 100_7483.jpg][/quote]

She's an old girl, did you notice if there was a plate on the somewhere on the pump panel??
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='291845' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:00 ']She's an old girl, did you notice if there was a plate on the somewhere on the pump panel??[/quote]

Unfortunatly , No. there wasn't. in fact part of the panel was missing. both sides
A long retired FD Ambulance from the U.S. enjoying retirement in Toronto in yet another career as a bill board for a furniture store.

The only markings were: Ambulance 18 (on the fenders) and Unit 202 (bumper and dash).

This rig may have served an interim career in the movie industry - if so, it originally served in New Jersey.

No plates, inspection stickers or city/town name found on this rig.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Mahaffey Fire Co.

Clearfield County, PA.

Engine 29-3

1973 WLF 1250/1000

X-NJ. ???

[Image: 03-09-0052.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
I think it was X-Centreville, NJ.