Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[Image: 0500929053.jpg]

Battalion 1 Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: 0500929003.jpg]

Engine 50 in the side yard of there house. Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: 0500929068.jpg]

Engine 1. Photo by Monrovia1.
If anyone could provide me with inventory delivered with both Type I and Type III OES engines that would be fantastic I'm doing research for purchasing of additional engines for my department.

Thanks in Advance
[quote name='go2evryfyr' post='293982' date='Apr 1 2009, 13:12 ']If anyone could provide me with inventory delivered with both Type I and Type III OES engines that would be fantastic I'm doing research for purchasing of additional engines for my department.

Thanks in Advance[/quote]

The LAFD does not currently have any OES Type 3 engines. However they are assigned a OES Swift Water Rescue truck with a trailer.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: LFDE2.jpg]

LAFD Engine 2 from Boyle Heights. Just east of Downtown.
[Image: 050001052_edited.jpg]

Engine and Truck 74. Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: 050001061_edited.jpg]

Engine 77 Photo by Monrovia1.
What is the inscription found on the front doors?
The motto is "Serving with Courage, Integrity and Pride"
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: 050001041.jpg]

Engine 274 Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: LFDE44-1.jpg]

LAFD Engine 44 '07 Seagrave. Serves Cypress Park section of NE Los Angeles.
Anybody have any info on how LA City disposes of surplused rigs? Is it done at local auction or one of the on-line auction sites?
[quote name='tk1sq' post='299879' date='Apr 24 2009, 19:39 ']Anybody have any info on how LA City disposes of surplused rigs? Is it done at local auction or one of the on-line auction sites?[/quote]

I believe it is at a local auction. But I may be wrong. I will see if I can get some info.
LAFD uses a couple auction sites in the southland to dispose of surplus apparatus.
[Image: 050001020.jpg]

Engine 12 Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: Photo5163_edited.jpg]

Dozer Tender with Dozer Photo by Monrovia1.
[Image: Photo5146_edited.jpg]

Engine 2 on move up to Station 88 for Fire Service Day. Photo by Monrovia1.
I was chatting with a LAFD Fireman on another board today, and he told me LAFD recently received an order of Pierce tillers replacing older model Seagraves- anyone ??
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='304650' date='May 12 2009, 13:54 ']I was chatting with a LAFD Fireman on another board today, and he told me LAFD recently received an order of Pierce tillers replacing older model Seagraves- anyone ??[/quote]

I visited the LA City FD shops in March of this year. There were still four ALF TDA's on order for delivery in early 2010. They were the last order on a contract that has run out. A new TDA bid was being prepared for future TDA orders. It is possible that bid has since been opened up, closed, and has been officially awarded.

LA City has only one 1990 Seagrave TDA left in first-line service- at Truck 69. The rest of the Seagrave TDA's are in reserve status. The next oldest first-line TDA's are the five 1993 Simon-Duplex/LTI TDA's. The four ALF TDA's on order should replace the 1990 Seagrave and three of the five 1993 Simon-Duplex/LTI TDA's.